Need some experiences about rescue for the blog

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
These are the rescue stories of the cats that all live at my mothers house (all of whom I grew up with):

Atticus: One day while driving home from a high school football game with my friend we noticed something in the middle of the road. Within seconds I saw small eyes staring at my headlights and I immediately put on my brakes. In the middle of the road lied a fluffy all white cat that had been it and had pasted on. Next to the cat was a black and white cat, who was howling and crying SO loudly. You could obviously tell the cat had probably witnessed his friend get run over. We found a collar on the white cat and called the owners. Informed them of what had happend and said there was another cat with us. The owners didn't even seem to care much about their cat, "Snowball" who was hit. And declined ever knowing the other cat. You could tell that this cat was very attached to the one who was hit because of the cries it made for it. But I didn't push the subject with the lady and hung p the phone. She didn't want to come and pick up the bodied either!!! So we scooped him up the black and white cat and put him in our car to further our search for his owners. For weeks we had an add in the newspaper, fliers at the local market, and even informed the local shelter we had found the cat incase someone called them. NOTHING. After attempting to find his owners nothing ever came through. Needless to say Atticus made himself very at home in our house and has been apart of it for 5 wonderful years

Jones: Jones and his other siblings were actually left in a cardboard box on the side of the highway. When I worked in a movie theatre in high school these boys had brought the box into my work and were trying to SELL the kittens they found on the side of the road!!! I was completely appalled that they were trying to make a dime off of such a sad situation! My manager took the small female cat and Jones came home to our house. The kittens were abandoned at such a young age that he had picked up a few problems. His eyes are crosseyed and he is an extremely dependent cat.

Kitty: Kitty was actually a feral cat the wondered his way to our home. This was when we only had one cat (Zena) and Kitty would always come by our house to pick on him through the window. My mother and I noticed through the weeks that his was loosing alot of weight and becoming very lethargic when he would stop over. One night it was raining outside and my sister and mother were walking in from the car when Kitty just happend to walk right up to our front door. He was sopping wet and crying. Finally my mother caved in and brought him in. We put him in the garage and dried him off. At this point all he was was skin a bones! You could just feel his rib cage!!! We fed him and I stayed up with him all night that night. He was the most lovable thing I ever set my eyes on!!! I begged my mother to let me keep him!! And sure enough she caved in.
Those are the most interesting rescue stories from all the cats at my mothers house. I have a few more if you'd like those as well!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sure I would love them.
Thanks so much all of you for taking the time.
Makes me cry a little over the sad stories and tear up for the happy ones but still the depths of your hearts is wonderful.