Need some advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks so much for listening to my frustrations about this. My husband and I have decided to tell her not to come. She's really upset, but at this point I don't care. She told us that we can't come over this summer or spend any time with our nieces or nephews. We will see how long that lasts, because she always calls me to be a sitter when she wants to go out.

helloevo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Thanks so much for listening to my frustrations about this. My husband and I have decided to tell her not to come. She's really upset, but at this point I don't care. She told us that we can't come over this summer or spend any time with our nieces or nephews. We will see how long that lasts, because she always calls me to be a sitter when she wants to go out.
Very good decision. I see she's taking it like a mature adult

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good for you. You can't just decide to bring five kids along and stress everyone out for no good reason. Have a happy anniversary!

A thought for those having no-children weddings: I was the babysitter for my church when I was younger, and weddings would hire me to watch the kids during the wedding right down the hall but far enough away that they could yell and play without being heard. It was the "nursery" for during church as well- I also babysat the kids for choir practice and such a few times a week. We had it set up so that each child's parent got a silent-vibrating type pager that I could have them come down if anything happened. You may want to see if you could arrange something similar for your wedding. At mine I think they charged like 25$ or something for the whole wedding.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with the others that it is your party, your "rules". I just can't believe the nerve of some people who think their "darling angels" MUST be included at events that are geared towards adults. I'm glad to read to stood firm to your plans. Have a wonderful time!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

She told us that we can't come over this summer or spend any time with our nieces or nephews. We will see how long that lasts, because she always calls me to be a sitter when she wants to go out.
Boy, she sounds childish!
Hope you have a good time at your party. I can't believe she seriously wants to bring 5 children to a bar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I've been told, quite often mind you, that I don't know what responsibility is until I have five kids. I have also been told that I don't have plans for the evening because I don't have kids. Can you sense a theme?

It's not that we don't like kids. I just don't want to have them. I am quite happy with two cats and a small apartment. We try to live as simply as possible.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our family was getting out of hand with little ones so what we do now is have a family lunch with the kids the day before a party and let them have cake and ice cream and feel special and then let them all have a sleep over at one house and hire a babysitter or two the night of the party... that way the kidlets are included but we adults get adult time too... and most of the parents LIKE the idea of getting out without the kids for a bit