Need Some Advice...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just now seeing/reading this thread. I'm so glad you decided to take him! You are probably the best chance for him to have continued healing.  It sounds like he chose you too!

Prayers for his continued healing & adjusting to his new home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nerdrock

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to update. Moww was doing great at home but yesterday afternoon started trying to urinate and only produced little drops. I brought him in. No stones but still a lot of crystals even though he's on the urinary diet and I water it down so much. I brought him home last night to monitor him - no urine overnight so we will probably have to catheterize him AGAIN. Poor guy has such a scarred bladder.

We also found out that his kidneys might be small, but that could be artifacts on the xray.

Through the whole thing he's just purring away and headbutting everyone, he's such a sweet boy.

abisiobhan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awwwww!! Just read your story and want to know me and my 4 meezers are all pulling for him. Growing up, we always had black kitties -adore them. Live all cats but meezers and black ones really make me smile. One followed me home from school one time and on another occasion -as a young struggling busy univ student -tho in med school - our phone went out and I was on call for a clerkship and could not miss out. So I went at maybe 3 am to a phone booth (they may be in museums one of these days lol) and inside was a tiny kitten, eyes not open, no mother around. I worried possibly mama cat had placed her there b /c they tend yo know re non thriving kittens or "deformities " -a word o detest but...but given everything I brought her home (cooked up some kitten glop -fortunately my Gran had always cared for a feral cat colony on her farm property before we termed them that so I had a great role model) and my then bf and I took turns feeding, helping w elimination etc. Of course she was the most delightful black kitten and turned into a real charmer. She did have heart issues but we knew vets and once I even sneaked her into a hospital for an x -ray! She lived to 23! So I hope this Kitty can overcome it all -he sounds like he really really wants to live and thrive!!! Good luck!! I will be thinking of him and you! Thanks for being so kind and caring!