Need Serious Vibes for Misty

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Thank you for asking. I was going to wait before posting, but we cancelled (or postponed) her lumpectomy that was scheduled for tomorrow because I don't feel a lump there anymore, and my vet, who won't be doing the surgery, had called to verify which side the lump was on for the surgeon (another vet at the same practice). She had the right side in her notes, not the left where the enlarged nipple was which was drained and had a needle biopsy done.

So........she goes in on Saturday to be examined again..if the lump is truly gone, with no new lump on the right (I feel nothing, this cat keeps looking at me like "what the heck do you keep doing this for mom???"), then no need for surgery!

Stay tuned..it's just another page in the "our cats don't do anything normally". Maybe this time, that will be a good thing!
i will be saying Prayers for her daily! My Kotton had a lump like that and it took 3 tries to get it to disappear. It too was milky fluid inside.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. I will post, I promise, after her apt. on Saturday. My silly warrior princess has just no idea of all that is swirling around her. Poor girl gets carsick just like her papa Chris (RB), so many towels will we take with us on Saturday for all the drool!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat, I've just seen this!

Sending lots of healthy }}}VIBES{{{ to Misty!

I hope that the appointment goes well and I hope that Misty's car journey is better than normal!
(Tibby is just the same!
)

I will be thinking of you both on Saturday!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good grief, you must have been upset when you realized that your vet had the wrong side.

I am sending vibes for an excellent result at Saturdays exam.
Mysterious Misty...you are an amazing kitty.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pat, another latecomer to the thread. Goodness, you've already had a bit of a rollercoaster on this one, haven't you? I'm very glad things seem to be turning out favourably, and will be praying that that trend continues!!

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Pat, another latecomer to the thread. Goodness, you've already had a bit of a rollercoaster on this one, haven't you? I'm very glad things seem to be turning out favourably, and will be praying that that trend continues!!
Lots of good health vibes for Misty!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a (hopefully) pleasant shock. Still got everything crossed for her.

lsconyers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i will be thinking about misty :-) i'm so sorry... hold in there... she loves you and needs you :-) she's lucky she has you!!!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat I am so shocked to hear this about Misty - I haven't had time to go through the whole thread yet, but I sincerely hope everything turns out positively and well for your precious girl. You must have been stunned beyond belief at this awful news. I can only say I am glad she is in such capable hands as yours. I will stay posted to see what happens. Many best wishes and vibes and hugs to you and Misty

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thinking about you and sending good, healing vibes to Misty. I hope she keeps fooling everyone and that everything turns out well tomorrow.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have just a second to pop in here and update this - Good News! The lump is gone, no other lumps are felt and there is no need to do a lumpectomy. It appears (will be keeping fingers crossed) that it was all one cyst, and now that it was drained on the initial visit, the rest of it has resolved/reabsorbed? Anyway, it is gone. Misty just beat the odds twice - one re the breast lump and once re the cyst in her chest.

NO SURGERY for my girl! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so so pleased to hear that. The words mammary cancer make me feel incredibly dreadful, so I am so pleased that she will be perfectly fine.