Need prayers, thoughts, crossed fingers

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Sorry to bring this to you but at this moment have nowhere else to turn. A good friend of mine who is also a co-worker has gone missing this afternoon after a dentist appointment. She hasn't contacted her husband, kids, or anyone since 2 this afternoon after a dentist appiontment and it's already midnight. We're all worried out of our heads and she's already been reported as a missing person, called the major hospitals. We are hoping maybe she just went off by herself to get some time to herself or something, but this is just unlike her to be gone this long with no contact.

We're all bewildered and I just left work to go driving around to see if maybe she was at a couple of bars or something, but can't find anything, at least not in the dark. Will start looking again in the morning. I just don't know what to do. Vibes, thoughts, prayers, crossed fingers, just anything that we find her safe, her name is Amy and she is such a sweet hearted woman.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would seem to me that if a person wanted to intentionally disappear that they'd do it before and not after something as routine as a dentist appointment.

Has anyone been able to go around to the businesses around that dentist office? It might be worth taking her picture (or some fliers) out in the morning and working out away from the office. Maybe some business had security cameras that picked something up - but they'd need to be checked while that video may still be around.

Hopefully she really is just taking some time to herself.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really hope Amy is OK and doesn't have anyone in her life (ex-boyfriend, or husband) that would want to do her harm. This world has gotten so crazy. Are there other people looking for her as well, or just you? Since she's reported as a missing person are the police doing anything? I wonder if they can find out if she's used a credit card recently or made any withdrawal from a bank account. Was she having any stress in her life that she may have wanted to get away from for awhile? I am sending out vibes and good thoughts for Amy and for you.Did she even make it to the dentist? It's always suspicious to me that a woman would leave her kids without saying anything. Let us know...

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for Amy and her family. Keep us posted please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much. After a very long stressful night and her husband reporting her missing, she turned up at 7AM and was heading home from somewhere. She is fine. Apparently she DID need time to herself and claimed she told her hubby that, but something went amiss somewhere because he was a wreck last night. In any case, everything is OK, and since she had EVERYONE at work terrified to the Nth degree that something bad had happened to her, she's really going to hear about it at work today!!! I was driving around looking for her, and about to drive up to Virginia to a house she may have gone to, but she called her hubby at about 7 so there was no need. Have no idea where she went overnight, though. Her kids are freaked. Hopefully they will be ok and calm down soon.

We are all glad she is OK. Thank you for your concern and help. It was a crazy night!!!

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And yes, it was all suspicious and not like her, but she has a lot of stress on her at this time anyway, but to leave her kids scared witless over her disappearing like that is not acceptable to any of us, hence her going to hear about it all day today from everybody. Don't know why she did it, but hopefully we can help her work things out, calm down and get through it. <3 Thanks again guys. And she DID make it to the dentist, that was the last anyone saw of her. But, thankfully, she is ok. None of us at work slept last night (I was working so I didn't get any work done trying to figure out a way to find her) ... Hopefully this will wake her up and make her realize how much love everyone has for her, hubby included

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's scary! I really hope it was just a miscommunication. Either way, I hope she - and her family - will all be OK and work this out!

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, me too. We had an additional scare as she's admitted herself to the hospital, she apparently had a wild night last night and "did something she shouldn't have" but wouldn't elaborate, so she is going to get some counseling. Otherwise, I went and visited her at the hospital and she is looking great and on the right path to getting better. She just broke under all the stress, and is embarrassed about it. I tried to tell her it was nothing to be embarrassed about, she's a tough woman but everyone can only handle so much *shrugs* I have never ever had a friend in the hospital or have something happen like this before so I was just in a daze and really worried about her. She's such a sweetheart and at least it's great to know she has an entire company of co-workers who are ALSO friends and care about her greatly.

Thank you for all of your support for this. I really do appreciate it.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow I missed this yesterday, that is a really scary thing! I am happy to hear she is ok and not still missing. Not too glad that 'something' happened last night but it sounds as if your friend knows she needs help and wants to get it. That is a very good start. I hope you're able to be with her and give her (and her family) all the support and friendship she needs.

snickerdoodle

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. And thanks DarkMavis. I hope I can be of some help, but having never been in this situation, I have no idea what to say to a family member who is coming to me for help on the situation now, other than your regular run of the mill things and going to God (which they have, thankfully) I went to see her and she is looking good, she will be OK and they are working on getting her back in the race. Such a strange thing to happen, and now none of us know WHAT to say. But sometimes I guess you don't HAVE to give advice, I guess that's why we have an ear and a shoulder, or two, to loan to those who need them.
Thanks ya'll bunches, I mean it.