Need prayers for Lita

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolinalima

Hi, how is our little Lita today? Is she doing ok without the SubQs? What are the news? Also: do you have more pictures of her, and her siblings? Would like to see them!!!
Lita is doing great......I will take her to the vet Monday. I have skipped the fluids the last 2 days. I will let the vet decide on Monday if I should continue with them or not. I am still hand feeding her 4 times a day. She enjoys it still
I weighed Lita today on my baby digital scale and she is just a hair over 7 pounds
She gained about 1/2 pound in the last 10 days or so
She has been eating her dry food and drinking water on her own. I would like to see her gain another pound. I will start weighing her every other day and keeping track of her weight. I have some older pictures of my fur family. I will try take some new images to post this week for all to see. I recorded "Cats 101" last night on my DVR off of the Animal Channel.....they had a small portion on Ragdolls...
...Did you see it? Keep an eye out for a rerun as it was very interesting.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad she is doing great!!!!!
I bet the vet will decide she is ok off the SubQ!! Pls pls post the update as soon as you get back from the vets office, ok?
As far as the Cats 101......... you recorded a rerun!!! The one with the ragdolls was last weekend (Episode 1)... Yesterday they showed a rerun, then the new one. the rerun is 7pm, the new is 8pm, always Saturday... Tomorrow at 8pm they will re-run episode 1, which is the one with the American Shorthair, Savannah, Scottish Fold, Persian, Ragdoll, and Sphynx.

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I am so glad she is doing great!!!!!
I bet the vet will decide she is ok off the SubQ!! Pls pls post the update as soon as you get back from the vets office, ok?
As far as the Cats 101......... you recorded a rerun!!! The one with the ragdolls was last weekend (Episode 1)... Yesterday they showed a rerun, then the new one. the rerun is 7pm, the new is 8pm, always Saturday... Tomorrow at 8pm they will re-run episode 1, which is the one with the American Shorthair, Savannah, Scottish Fold, Persian, Ragdoll, and Sphynx.
I know it was a rerun......I never saw this program before so it was great to watch. I really want a Savannah after watching the program.....too bad I don't have a spare $10,000+ laying around........daayuum....those cats are awesome looking
I will post after the vet visit.....I hope I can take Lita off the fluids or at least cut them back to a couple of times a week cuz she really hates getting them and I feel bad for her because of this

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

How was the Vet visit????
Lita and I just got back from the vet. He was very pleased with her progress. He suggested cutting Lita back to getting the fluids 2 times a week (THANK GOD) for the next 2 weeks.....and hand feeding her 1/2 the amount from one 5.5 ounce can to 1/2 of a can of SD A/D prescription food for another 2 weeks
Lita is eating some dry food on her own. I asked him if we should blood test her......and he says as long as she is gaining weight and doing better......we will decide on her next checkup in 2 weeks
The vet took her temperature again today and it was normal. I paid off all my due bills so I threw the vet another $100 today toward my bill which makes me feel good. I seriously doubt any other vet would have a big enough heart
around me to give me an almost $400.00 credit like he did. I was beyond desperate with my poor sick Lita 13 days ago. My vet is an angel from god
I am very happy with today's results
Thanks you for caring

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness! I wish I was there to give you and Lita a hug....
That is wonderful news! See.... She will make it after all!!!!!!! I bet in 2 weeks she is going to be all done! What was her weight? Congratulations for a great result for all your efforts and love for your baby's recovery!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy that Lita is doing better
This is very good news indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of her.

Your vet is awesome. I firmly believe in karma. What does around, comes around. He obviously really likes his job.... You are so lucky to have such a kind hearted vet who cares more about your kitty than the money. (I've seen money oriented vets...
that couldn't care about the animal, but definately nail you with interest if you're over due by even a day) sorry, lil vent there.

Anyways, I hope she continues on the path is she following

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed this thread, and am glad to hear that Lita is doing so well!
I hope she continues to do well on her treatments.

You're very lucky to have a vet that's willing to work with you. I wish my new vet would agree to a payment plan - especially now that my Maverick has to be on meds.
You're also very lucky to have such a great brother to help you out.

BTW, I don't think TheFoodLady meant any disrespect in what she posted. She was just trying to help, and I think she's very knowledgable regarding cat issues/diseases. IMO, she's an asset to TCS, and we're lucky to have her here. Just my opinion. Please don't take it the wrong way..

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

I'm so happy that Lita is doing better
This is very good news indeed. I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of her.

Your vet is awesome. I firmly believe in karma. What does around, comes around. He obviously really likes his job.... You are so lucky to have such a kind hearted vet who cares more about your kitty than the money. (I've seen money oriented vets...
that couldn't care about the animal, but definately nail you with interest if you're over due by even a day) sorry, lil vent there.

Anyways, I hope she continues on the path is she following
Thanks for your support Snake_Lady.......I love your user name
My vet charges no interest at all. I am sure that he has been stuck many times because he has a real heart for the animals
and not just for the paycheck as much. He has a ton of rescue's both dog and cats come to him everyday to save a dollar or two
I live in a white collar area here in Michigan......Gold digger vets are all around me
Trust me.......I know from past experience here

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lita continues to do very well......I just gave her a fluid treatment (she hates that
) today. 2 times a week is much better than everyday. I hand feed her about 1/2 can of SD A/D per day now as she is eating her dry food. She is 6 years old and just a hair above 7 pounds. Lita weighed like 8.5 pounds at her heaviest when healthy. Lita was never a big girl ever.....but she is my best friend and the sweetest cat of my 6 cats that I am owned by. Lita is super loyal and offers me unconditional love always and follows me room to room like a dog
Prayers and Lita's own fight to live pushed her past her devastating sudden sickness 2 weeks ago. I am very fortunate that I have a loving vet that gave me a almost $400 credit and that plus my very determined efforts saved this beautiful Ragdoll

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good girl Lita
That is one determined kitty indeed. I'm glad she is still doing very well, and now back to eating her dry food. How's her behaviour? Is she getting back to normal now?