Need opinions on a carpet colour

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think a burgandy print type of rug would look nice. Or a dark gray and then put an area rug in the middle with gray and burgandy mixed.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

I would go for a rich dark chocolate brown. Very modern colour, and all the furniture would stand out nicely against it.
Or, like Yosemite said, you can't really go wrong with berber!
I was thinking chocolate brown too...

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you'll be unhappy with a solid dark colored carpet, because it will show every single piece of lint, fuzz or fur, and it will drive you nuts trying to keep it clean, lol! (Think about how difficult it is to wear black pants, especially with a cat!) I also think that a lighter color base with, maybe burgundy, gray and/or green flecks would look awesome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

I gave my carpet choice so I'm not giving you any more!

Hey, I know this sounds really silly but when you get the samples make sure you look at them during the day as well as at night with artificial lighting. In some cases the color tone or hue seems different
You probably already knew this but you'd be suprised how many people don't
ohhh, actually I did not even think about that. Thanks for bringing it up. You are so right...everything looks different with different lighting.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Snake_Lady

So far we have suggested:
berber
sage green
navy blue
rich chocolate brown
cream

Out of the suggestions, I like navy blue the best
i'm telling you, w/a pale long-hair cat, you DON'T want a dark color! you'll be vacuuming every 10 minutes!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go with a light color and a neutral color.
Burgundy would be way too much I believe too. We have carpet that matches part of the wallpaper and I hate it. I think its way too matchy and if we want to change one then it is going to be a lot more limited as to what we can do.

Here are some of my ideas:
Option 1
Option 2
Option 3
Option 4
Option 5
Option 6

Sorry there are so many! I would go with a sandy brown color for a solid or a light pattern.
Also for accents on the couches look into some silver and burgundy throw pillows and blankets.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
I'm going to jump in with the Berber crowd.

A nice beige or grey based berber flecked in colours that accent the room would look really nice...and be pretty low maintenance in a high-use area.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i'm telling you, w/a pale long-hair cat, you DON'T want a dark color! you'll be vacuuming every 10 minutes!
Yup. I had chocolate brown carpet one time back in the days with only 1 cat and I couldn't keep the hair off of it. I would suspect burgundy would give you the same problem.

I vote for cream berber with gray and burgundy specs. It would bring all the colors of the walls and your furniture together. Berber is very good carpet, and would only discourage it if you had very big dogs (their toes can pull the loops up).