need natural flea remedy please help!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

Glad to hear you are getting it under control. Fleas are no fun. :( Also when you vacuum when you are done be sure to empty the bag or canister outside. That way they won't climb back out. Not sure if they can but I don't take chances myself. 

I've heard that the cyclonic action of the vacuum kills the fleas but I'm with you.  Not only would I empty the bag in the trash outside, I'd spray the whole trash can with deadly poisons!  :lol3:
It also helps if you cut up a flea collar and put it in the vacuum cleaner bag before you vacuum. Just don't put the collar on the kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i also thought that when i vacuum up my carpets i will also be vacuuming up the DE i put in the carpet so that should help kill any vacuumed fleas too. i got a nice phone call last night. my mom is going to sell me to advantage adult flea treatments for 25 bucks, that's better than spending 60 on a pack when i only need 2 right now. im going to apply it to my 2 adults and keep taking the natural method for kitty. i combed all of them last night and only got 5 fleas between 3 cats. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cats4sky

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well i gave my 2 adults the advantage flea treatment and kept them separate until it dried. washed all my bedding/cats bedding. ill continue to flea comb and dawn bath kitty once a week. glad things are under control for my kids!