Need name suggestions for sheltie puppy

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister's friend is going to be getting a sheltie puppy in the near future and they are looking for name suggestions. The dog is male and he is sable & white in color. The friend wants a name that is masculine sounding and he does not want a typical dog name. He wants something a little unique. Does anyone have any suggestions?

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh................any photos

heres a few to start with

Macy
Randi
Mack
Abbott

or I like Kadin - its Arabic and means friend or companion !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK....here are some pics of the puppy that needs a name. They are not the greatest pics, but it is all they had to send me.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww...........what a little peach ..........well that should give something for our other members to go on !!
I´ll be sticking with Kadin.........cos he´s does look like he´s gonna be a real buddy

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do realize that when I posted this yesterday, there was bound to be a lack of responses with it being Thanksgiving and all....many people were probably away from homes/computers. But, since it is the next day, I'm hoping more people will see this and have some name suggestions.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww lookit the little chubby fella!

Is it one of those ones that's going to be all hairy? (sorry for my dog ignorance here
)

I can't think of anything at the moment, but if anything comes to mind I will post it. He's very cute.

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is a cutie whootie

Here are some suggestions:

Captain
Coach
Gunner
Hammer
Hogan
Klein
Astro
Strider
Titan

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, I can't believe my Sheltie Max was once that tiny! I adopted him when he was already 4-5 years old. Anyways, I like the name Stryder.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lerwick.

This one may astound you but of course your dog was developed on the Island of Shetland, and if you get a map of Shetland you will see why Lerwick is the only name you could possibly call him. Or if you read the history of the Shetland Sheep Dog and the town it was developed in. That's what we had when I was a kid and that was his name.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, what a tiny little cutie!! Its not very masculiane or original, but the first thing that came to my mind was Brownie

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all who shared their suggestions to name the puppy. I will pass all the names on to my sister's friend. Thanks again everyone!