Need lots of Prayers for sick little kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

palisades

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
update on jay.

well the move back to the regular vet went very nicely. he is still not wanting to eat on his own so he is on an iv with dextrose (sp?). he isnt as anemic. the vet actually said his blood counts look good today and he probably wont need a transfusion. they had talked about it last night.

his blood sugar is getting higher but still not great it was 32 last they checked. they think its possible he has something wrong with his kidneys and everything isnt being processed right. they also detected a heart murmur but it isnt bad.

his temp is back up to around 98-99 which they said was good for a kitten his age. he is still getting cage warmers.

i did take in a blanket and toys his sister played with last night. i think that helped a little. i pick him up in 2 hours to take him back the the emergency clinic. i think it has helped a lot having people with him that actually care and are positive about him getting better. hes still got quite a ways to go but the Dr. mentioned how much of a fighter jay is and that he is really hanging in there and not giving up on living. he also got a bath and is no longer covered in karo syrup. (when i went in to visit him there was a new tech. she wanted to "prepare" me for what he looked like and was like "i dont know if you have seen him since he came in but he was given karo syrup and is covered in it" i just looked at her and was like "yeah that was me. i made him sticky") for some reason it just made me laugh. thanks again everyone. i'll tell him hello from you all when i get him tonight.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah the things we do for our cats and kittens. I remember when Sheba was little she ended up having one of the worst cases of worms the vet had ever seen. My newest one has all sorts of things. I just take a deep breathe and go one day at a time!! (well maybe a glass of wine too)

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't give up on your finals. Talk to your professors and let them know there was a medical emergancy. Ask if you can take them at a later date. Just tell them you spent the night in the emergancy room and couldn't study due to worry. If they ask who, its a fosterchild you're helping to care for. Its not a lie...just a stretch of the semantics of the word "child"

Sandy

palisades

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
good improvements. hes back at the emergency clinic. his glucose levels are back up to normal or close at 132. he looked SO much better when i picked him up. he was lifting his head and started to purr when we opened his cage. he also walked around a little bit in the carrier. it seems he didnt like where we put him and wanted to be somewhere else. so things are looking better. still not out of the woods but getting closer
thank you so so so much for all of your prayers. during the car ride i told him about everyone here and that they were expecting pictures and stories about him once he was feeling better.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I'm so glad to hear that Jay is doing better. I will pray that he continues to get better and better.

How are you doing with school? I think Sweets has excellent advice so I hope you can follow that.

palisades

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that was good advise. i still need to write my microbiology teacher and explain. i ended up making it to my second exam and even got to study a little bit. i doubt that the micro teacher will let me make up the exam. he is just one of those teachers. he is very strict (if you missed a homework, even turning it in 5 minutes late you failed the class automatically). i'm really not that upset about it anymore. i've never failed a class before so this will just be a learning experience and now i can say i have. i guess you need to try everything once and seeing i'm 22 and a senior its about time as my mom put it. i'm still going to write him and offer to take the exam even if he still fails me because most likely i will be having him for the class again in the spring and at least he will see that i was willing to take it. so we shall see. thanks again!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor little Jay!
Its in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Please let us know how he's doing. I'm worried! Keep us posted!
He's in good hands. (((((VIBES))))

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by palisades

during the car ride i told him about everyone here and that they were expecting pictures and stories about him once he was feeling better.
and we cant wait for these pictures

thanks for the update - so glad to hear that Jay is being a little fighter and that he is improving - such great news
give him a little head rub from us when you see him and let him know that people from all over the world are cheering for him

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, everybody is cheering and I'm so glad you talked to him about us and told him that we're expecting him to make it through.
When Sasha was mauled and in the oxygen cube with so much swelling on his little brain that ice would have killed him, and he was hooked up to tubes and wires, I whispered through the glass that everyone was waiting for him to get out of the cube. And as he recovered I'd whisper in his ear in his cage and sit and read to him the cheers and cards and notes from everyone here. IT WORKS.
BOARD MAGIC.
Love and still praying,
Elizabeth

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great to hear little Jay is doing so much better and kudo's to you for caring so much and making sure that he got the care he needed. Saying a prayer for his full recovery and that your hard nosed professor will let you make up the exam. Good luck and keep us posted, hugs.

palisades

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zanniesmom

We could all write the professor in support!
Becky
i needed that thanks! made me laugh out loud!

Elizabeth i couldnt agree more i think it has really helped him to know there are so many people on his side. I've never read about Sasha. Is your little one okay? That sounds so scary!!!

Jay is back at the regular vet for the day. His blood sugar tests came back VERY low today but they do not think the test was right. With his results he sould have been "flat out" as they put it and hes not. He is doing much much better. He was walking around when they brought him out and even trying to climb out of the carrier. I got to hold him finally and he didnt seem to mind. He was alert and everytime a dog would go by he would watch it and you could tell he was following it with his eyes. He has been pretty non responsive to movements the last few days so that was encouraging. He also ate for the first time on his own last night. He hasnt done that since he went it.
He is starting to look like a real kitten again. For some time he really didnt even look like a cat. It was so strange. I pick him up again to move him back to the emergency clinic at 530 so hopefully he will be even better by then!!!

You guys are all so wonderful for praying and worrying over him with me. It has made it so much easier on me knowing that other people are thinking about him!!!! Talk to you guys soon! Anna

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Palisades, do you go to state? if you do, i might be related to the prof? :p I know, that's deferential treatment, but I suppose it's a good character reference?

palisades

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh that would be too funny. i do go to state actually. which professor are you related to?

i've gotten to the point this week that i really just dont even want to take the exam anymore. since i was already looking at it as if i wasnt going to be able to take it i've moved on. i think everything happens for a reason. maybe i was meant not to finish the course this semester and take it next semester. you never know. ssssssssssssssssss (*that was dottie she just wanted to say hi*) anyways, every time something like this has happened in my life its turned out it was for a good reason and has brought me to where i am now. so i'm just rolling with the punches and even if it sounds weird i'm actually looking forward to taking the class again because i think i could do better in it, so we shall see.