Need Kitten Help-4 Weeks

candy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
I need some help with a pretty sad situation. I can explain later (I'm at work right now) but I needadvice on how to raise a 3-4 weeks old kitten. The kitten can eat solid food but do I need to supplement with milk as well? What should I use? Thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you.

If anyone can help out in the next 1/2 hour or so, it would be really appreciated. I am leaving on my lunch hour to go and get some KMR and kitten food...is there anything else I should get her?? She seems pretty content considering she is completely wild. She's sleeping in the house I made her and has eaten some mushy adult chow. She's such an angel.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't know if I caught you before you left or not, but I wanted to give you a link to another thread that discussed this. The second post, by Hell603 (Helen) gives some great information about hand-rearing little kittens. Hope this helps!

Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
I completely forgot to update this thread. Here's the story...
Where I was working at the time, we had ferals that would keep the mice in check. They were very wild cats and wouldn't usually come near humans. However, they did have shelter in the quionset and were fed by me and someone else. The day before I posted that post, someone's dog had gotten loose and killed all of the kittens but one. The little one left was the one I posted about. I am very, very happy to say that she is doing great! A friend of mine took her home and she is a happy (and spayed) farm cat.
Thanks you so much for your help.

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you posted the update, thanks! Glad to hear kitty found a good home.