Need job vibes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I did it! I told the editor that I don't need an answer for now, just wanted her to know that if the managing editor position becomes available, I'm interested. She said, "I figured that," and that's where we left it.

I feel really good about this. I'd been dreading talking to her and now that I've said what needed to be said, it's a huge relief! The next step is up to her.

Thanks for the support everybody!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Way to go Eileen.
You walked through your fear.
That takes courage.

Today...you are a winner.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way to go Eileen!! I hope you get it when it becomes available because its only a matter of time before it does!!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so late coming into this thread...

However.. Way to Go!! And good vibes for resolving the issue and I hope you get the editor's position.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just have to thank you guys again for the support and encouraging me to speak up. For the first time in a long time, I've actually looked forward to coming into work. I don't know how much is actually going to change around here, but I feel good knowing that I at least did something and I couldn't have done it without you guys!

I think the managing editor knows his job's on the line because in the past couple of days, he's been around a lot more and is actually trying to be pleasant and communicate with people. This morning, he actually complimented me on a couple of stories I wrote for our next issue. That hasn't happened for a long time. Too little, too late, though, in my opinion.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You've got talent Elileen...
Let it shine.