Need info on Himalayans

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*professional eye cleaner, lol * yes it does help also Eye Envy for Lighter colored cats is a god send.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eye envy works great! I've used it for years and never been dissapointed. And it is important to keep the eyes clean.

As for combing... Everything I've read and experienced says you don't comb while the coat is wet. At least that is what my Persian breeder friends, and my mentor have taught me. And I've seen it on the PandECats grooming tips for show Persians also. I blow dry with the pet dryer and then comb out after my cats are dry. If you comb while the fur is wet, it pulls and breaks (damages) it and the fur won't be as smooth and silky. Then again, this method is for when you're showing Persian's so it's not quite as important for a pet.

Maxx just sits there during his bath and blow drying! Peaches is a little more vocal about it all but she doesn't really fight me.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lil bit off topic question, but is a himalayan just a pointed Persian? Are they the same breed, or different ones? That's always confusing because when I look at a Himalayan cat I see a pointed Persian, no real difference other than the fur... something I'm missing about the body type, etc.?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

Lil bit off topic question, but is a himalayan just a pointed Persian? Are they the same breed, or different ones? That's always confusing because when I look at a Himalayan cat I see a pointed Persian, no real difference other than the fur... something I'm missing about the body type, etc.?
Yes, the Himi is just a pointed Persian, same breed. It's just that they've been called differently due to the fact that the himi was developed differently to the Persian. In CFA the Himi is just another color division of the Persian breed.