Need ideas on what to get Colin for his birthday! HELP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

your going to need a bigger house to suport your citter habit hehe
lol yup i think so

Originally Posted by GailC

Living in Wisconsin as I do (aka "the drinking state") does he enjoy wine, brandy, whiskey,vodka rum etc that you could buy a premium bottle???
I think Bruce has a good idea on the Vegas trip-when I went to Vegas last time I only spent a couple of $$ on gambling but many $$ on shopping, eating drinking and having a good time!!
vegas would be fun- but that's a bit too pricy at the moment for us (plane ticket/etc) so we're going to do something closer to home i think
I talked to him last night and asked him what he'd think about going somewhere for our birthday and he LOVED the idea
And guess what- he has the 28,29, and 30 off (he works 6 days on 3 off) and i talked to my boss today and she was great she gave me off those days as well so we can go do something together
did i mention -i will also have the 31 and 1st off as part of my regular schedule so that's like a 5 day vacation for me!!!!
I'm sooo excited. Now we just have to decide where to go. He wants to go to Tunica- but i do not gamble nor do i want to go to a place that supports it- but i told him that if that's what he wanted to do for his part of our birthday we could just stay in the hotel, see a few music acts and eat at the buffets and that'd be fun
And he said he was fine with that- i told him if he wanted to gamble he was on his own because i wouldn't
/ I think we also might look at spending a night or so at a B&B near there as well! Awwww i'm sooo excited!!

oh and i like your idea of a nice drink- i'll have to buy us a bottle of wine to take with us

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John's birthday is tomorrow... I couldn't figure out what to get him and of course he just said "I don't care" when I asked him what he wanted. So I told him that it's "his" day, and we'll do anything he wants to do for the whole day. So far it looks like we're cleaning out the garage and putting an engine in a truck, LOL.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

He wants to go to Tunica-
I hope you both have a great time with whatever you decide! Its really cool that you both share the same birthday.

When Hurricane Ivan was headed our way Jim, my 5 kitty cats and I, all went to Tunica
They were full, from everyone fleeing Ivan and we finally found a hotel in Memphis. But we were there and 'almost' got to stay.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I hope you both have a great time with whatever you decide! Its really cool that you both share the same birthday.
So i wonder what his excuse will be in few years when he forgets her birthday

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That will be one I would love to hear. And you know he will have one, hes a guy

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

hehe of course, heck i have even forgotten my own birthday a few times.

hey i just picked up a new game over the weekend www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com so far i love it, plays just like x-com from the 1990's which was one of the best games ever. In fact i wolud not be shocked to see tha they will get sued over the game. it is almost a clone.
maybe u may want to show it to him

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by bnwalker2

John's birthday is tomorrow... I couldn't figure out what to get him and of course he just said "I don't care" when I asked him what he wanted. So I told him that it's "his" day, and we'll do anything he wants to do for the whole day. So far it looks like we're cleaning out the garage and putting an engine in a truck, LOL.
awww that's too cute!!! i bet it'll make his day to have you spending time doing things he likes to do with him
i hope he has a good birthday!

When Hurricane Ivan was headed our way Jim, my 5 kitty cats and I, all went to Tunica. They were full, from everyone fleeing Ivan and we finally found a hotel in Memphis. But we were there and 'almost' got to stay.
Next time come and stay with us!!!

Originally Posted by halfpint

Nikki !!! Get him a new Dyson. We all love them
Ohhh i would LOVE one of those Dyson Animals
We have one at the shelter where i work and man that thing works like a dream!!!
for some reason though i don't think my manly man would like a vaccume cleaner for his birthday

oh lets just talk for a minute about what he did last year!!!!!
He waited until the DAY of our birthday- said he had to go to get milk from the store- and an hour later he comes home with a card, and a $20 gift card for Starbucks and a $10 card from Sheridans (ice cream place) .....lets just say i was expecting an engagement ring- you have NO idea how beyond ticked and upset i was!! OMG i was sooooooo mad! I mean he got my sister the SAME starbucks card,same amount and everything for Christmas! I hate gift cards from my SO- it's just too "easy" and thoughtless. i was beyond ticked too- i planned his gift out a month in advanced and was sooooo excited about it and then he gives me a darn gift card when i sincerly thought he was going to pop the question- i stayed mad at him for months.
(and yes we did have a talk about that back in March and he learned that gift cards are a nono for me). So yes, last year he essentially forgot my birthday- he waited until the day of to get me a crappy gift card. and then we went out to Beale Street - i needed a drink after that

oh he knows now better than to do that- he has no excuse- nikki doesn't forget easily
i think he learned from last year
i swear i was mad at him for months. but in my defense- i honestly thought he was going to propose- so then to get essentially slapped in the face with him waiting till the day of my b-day to get me a darn gift card- uhhhhh! big nono!

hehe of course, heck i have even forgotten my own birthday a few times.

hey i just picked up a new game over the weekend www.ufo-extraterrestrials.com so far i love it, plays just like x-com from the 1990's which was one of the best games ever. In fact i wolud not be shocked to see tha they will get sued over the game. it is almost a clone.
can he use that on the pc??

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

yep it is a pc game, i would show him and see what he thinks
i bet he'll like it!! thanks for the suggestion!!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My SIL pulled that one time the excuse was I didn't have time to get you anything, and My Daughter Said Pete you've had a year
Its the same Day every year
So this year she gave him a list of some very expensive Purses
You know the ones
My daughter has expensive taste so he goes out to Nordstrom's to get them and he could only find 2
So he went back home and got her and made her pick out the 3rd one OMG I was
so hard. Then she wanted a 3 stone ring the past present & future and bless his Heart they went to look I could not tell you how big it was and he asked her are you sure its big enough
Got to Love that Guy

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

My SIL pulled that one time the excuse was I didn't have time to get you anything, and My Daughter Said Pete you've had a year
Its the same Day every year
So this year she gave him a list of some very expensive Purses
You know the ones
My daughter has expensive taste so he goes out to Nordstrom's to get them and he could only find 2
So he went back home and got her and made her pick out the 3rd one OMG I was
so hard. Then she wanted a 3 stone ring the past present & future and bless his Heart they went to look I could not tell you how big it was and he asked her are you sure its big enough
Got to Love that Guy
bless his heart! that is too funny

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How awesome is this!!! We are going to get to go out of town for our birthday (not sure where yet!!) and guess what- we already have a babysitter for our furbabies!!!!!
I'm sooooo excited!!!! My sister Kimmy and her family said they would be more than happy to come over and take care of our pets while we're gone (and all my animals know and trust them- they've taken awesome care of them before for us!) and then as soon as we get back in town we're returning the favor for their furbabies when they go to Penn.! How great did that work out!!!!!!!!
I'm sooooo happy
Now we just have to figure out where to go!!!