need homecoming vibes for Grisou

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Grisou hasn't come home for three days.

He's been an inside-outside cat, very insistent about his outdoor access, but always came home for food and to sleep on top of me... outside is a residential area, minimal traffic and a tiny creek running through a huge space with open lots, deer and a very old pony, which I've combed through last night without a trace of him. He is extremely shy of people and noises.

So tonight I'll go knocking on doors with his picture asking if anyone has seen him, and put flyers out with my number on it...

Does anyone out there have any advice? I can't really eat or sleep, but realize that's not helping him.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this.  Have you checked local shelters to see if someone found him and turned him in?  Is he microchipped?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry. Don't give up hope. I lost a cat once. He returned home after a week. We think he'd got trapped in a garage somewhere. Get your neighbours to check garages, sheds etc when you go door to door. It's possible he's just got shut in by mistake. :vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thank you, everyone... yes, he is microchipped. He doesn't have a collar because he loses it (gave up insisting on collars after he lost three beastie bands in a single week). There is a biggish well cared for feral cat population where I live, and he acts feral with people he doesn't know, so I doubt anyone has actually gotten hold of him.

Will check, though. Thanks for the sheds and garage tip. Thanks for the vibes.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That can be very worrying for you.
Vibes he comes home soon.

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last night, I put posters up and went knocking on doors of neighbors (until I ran out of printouts). They were surprisingly sympathetic! Anyone who is in the same situation, please do that. Talk especially to the kids - they notice things like small cats.

I learned that he was seen on Sunday (before he got lost) in a park half a mile away.

I never thought he would go that far! Now I'm going to print more posters to put up there.

thank you for the vibes, please keep them coming. 

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you gone to the park with smelly food calling him?
I went to the park and put up wanted posters... the smelly food trick is for inside cats that got out, doesn't work on roaming cats that for whatever reason don't make it back home- not sure it was him that was seen at the park, anyway. But thanks for caring!

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Any more news on Grisou? I understand that smelly food is less effective in a large area. I'm sure it's worth going to the park and calling /looking for him though :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

I hope he shows up soon

Last edited:

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
thanks for the vibes... of course I went to the park, which of course had some people in it, meaning if he was there he was hiding. He is extremely shy of people he doesn't know. I put wanted posters everywhere. Went to the animal shelter just in case and left his microchip number. Had 1000  more flyers printed with his picture on it that I'll start distributing in the neighborhood.

But, of course, I'll try the park again.

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I had my 1000 flyers printed and went in the neighborhood door to door. There are amazingly kind people who respond to strangers knocking on their door with a picture of a cat!

And, yes, he was seen, by two different persons, on Friday and on Saturday _after_ he went missing.

Rolling around happily in someone's front yard (!), then running away after he heard a noise. 

I live near the top of a hill, and apparently he crossed the huge empty space on the hillside (where I thought he would hang out) and is now having fun in the yards at the hill's bottom.

Caring people assured me there is food put out for the ferals, so he's not starving.

So, either he lost his sense of direction (which I seriously doubt, this is one smart cat) or he chooses not to come home right now. Maybe he's tired of being bullied by the Rogue, whom he grew up with but who is twice his size and likes to jump on his playmates.

Anyhow, seems I have to let him have his adventure and get rid of the knot in my stomach and start eating food again.

Please give me more vibes... anything helps.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know its not what you're praying for, but this is positive. It sounds as though Grisou is safe, well and fed. Maybe he just needed some serious time out from his brother!

My thoughts and prayers are with you both. May he come home soon, acting as though he's never been away. :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Total vibes being sent your way! 
  And vibes that Grisou decides to just drop in for a while, and then at least you'd not worry so much.  He probably is finding a lot of food, and maybe not thinking about the time away. 

One of my previous cats,(in the early 1990's) went missing for 3 weeks.  We went to various shelters and humane society, and he ended up being looked after by our neighbour, who we believed had left him in our yard as a kitten, but then had changed her mind and wanted him back.  I think she was lonely and did not speak english, so he kept her company, until he wanted out again.

All the best vibes for Grisou's return. 

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He came home.

I had given up hope of ever seeing him again-

After more than a week of me worrying myself sick, peppering the neighborhood with flyers and bothering countless people during their dinner, he strolled in through the cat door as I was about to go to bed last night. He had lost weight (as had I) and appeared a bit disheveled. Needless to say, I didn't get to bed anytime soon

Now I just have to go out again and gladly take all the posters down, which will take half a day at least

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He came home.

I had given up hope of ever seeing him again-
After more than a week of me worrying myself sick, peppering the neighborhood with flyers and bothering countless people during their dinner, he strolled in through the cat door as I was about to go to bed last night. He had lost weight (as had I) and appeared a bit disheveled. Needless to say, I didn't get to bed anytime soon
:heart3:

Now I just have to go out again and gladly take all the posters down, which will take half a day at least:)
I'm very pleased for you. I hope you were stern with him and sat him down for a good talking to. Did he tell you where he'd been? Tell him next time to phone home!