Need help

donnandcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Boyfriends roommate brought in a feral cat in the middle of me moving into the house with my baby. He doesn't clean any part of the house as is and now the cat is peeing and pooping in my clean clothes and drawers regardless of where I have them and has escalated to my child's toys and play areas. Cat is now old enough to get neutered. Cat was affectionate and we made HUGE FANTASTIC progress until today I put baby gate up and sprayed it with training spray while I cleaned a small puddle of pee (obviously I think she was just trying to claim my daughter really) I didn't get that mad except for the fact that he won't clean up so I swept and mopped the whole room while she was baby gated out. She must have meowed too many times or something because room mate gets up out of his room and THROWS the cat outside and I immediately stopped doing the chore at hand to go get the cat and put her harness and leash on and set her outside calmly like I've been doing for weeks. Cat is now hissing andpi attacking me and my child I need to get my kid out of here because it's not safe for her with the dramatic personality change after room mates intervention with my training HIS cat after her appointment today I'm considering taking the cat for my own and telling him to stay away from her and my child. But I need help how do I calm her down and get back to how we were this morning. She was so loving towards me and my daughter and now all progress seems to have gone right out the window. Please help

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Am I to understand that this cat had a vet appt. today? If so, that is likely playing a role in her current, but more than likely temporary, behavior. What was the appt. for? Do you have a room to place her in that is quiet and away from the roommate? That would be best and will probably let her settle back down. You can try some calming diffusers and maybe even some soothing music. I would most certainly take over total care of this cat if you can. Feliway diffusers, and maybe some of the others as well, are supposed to be safe around babies.

No offense, but where is your boyfriend in all of this, and can he help out with the situation?

Any more information that you can provide us to help us come up with some ideas for you?