Need help!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MichelleMatos777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money

I’m not asking for money, im asking for people to share. My cat is in very bad shape right now. To make matters worst, the vet just called and informed me that sugar was in the blood and is blaming it on the prednisone he subscribed. I have spent thus far over $3500 on vet bills and that’s not including the $1000 on prescriptions/ prescription food they recommended. All of this in the middle of a pandemic. After spending all I have, I maxed out my credit card because he was blocked, and my choice was max out my credit card or euthanize my cat. I’m fine with maxing out my card, but im terrified of something happening again. I was up all night crying because if something happens, and i have no options, I have to euthanize him.
I adopted my cat in February 2020. This was right before the pandemic.
I now find out my cat cannot be renewed on a illness accident insurance plan because now he has a condition. I have spent all day on the phone with insurance companies, because im terrified i wont be able to save my cat the next time this happens. I have even called shelters asking if they have an programs available for adoption. If something happens, and I can’t pay for it, I refuse to euthanize this cat. I’m even willing to surrender my cat to someone who could pay for an emergency surgery that will likely come up.

I don’t have social media, and I don’t know what to do in this situation.
Again I asked no one here for money, but asked to share.
I’m also very willing to surrender my cat to a family who could afford any future emergencies. This cat is the most amazing cat I ever had. I will do anything to save his life.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Don't worry about that, that's posted for legal reasons, on every request with a link for funds. Even if the post isn't asking US for funds. And I'm sharing this on both of my social media sites.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MichelleMatos777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I’m emotionally exhausted from all this right now. My cat has major separation anxiety. Im super worried about his long stay at the vet right now.

I saved him when he was 8 weeks old. Someone purchased him from a irresponsible breeder who took him away from his mother too young. Then the first owner was leaving him outside,( he was 6 weeks old and this was February!) because he was getting beat up by her other two cats and she decided she didn’t want him. Called him an impulse buy.
I nursed him back to health ( he had 2 ear infections.) He almost needed surgery on the left ear. Thank God he didn’t.
Then in the middle of the pandemic, he develops idiopathic cystitis. For months it’s been a journey. If the pandemic didn’t happen, it wouldn’t of been so hard. Everything has drained our savings because of the loss of income on my end.
He has been hospitalized at the vet since Wednesday. The “estimate” was originally $2227, but after doing blood work, his blood sugar was at 240!! So now he is staying longer and the vet is testing his blood again tomorrow. Apparently the prescription the vet prescribed can raise blood sugar? I am very confused about all if it.

I got to visit him today. The attached picture is him at the vet, absolutely terrified. It took him a good 5 minutes to realize I was there, and once he realized I was there he looked at me and let out a big “meow” and started purring. Started rubbing his head on my hand for a scratch.
I hated leaving him there, but I know he needs to get better. I’m praying he doesn’t get blocked again, my biggest fear is not being able to help him again if Another emergency happens.
F4482E67-CD47-4B65-9923-18C76765C25A.jpeg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a beauty! Well, both of my social media accounts are filled with cat lovers, so I'm crossing my fingers. I'll be keeping up with this, and on the first of the month, sending a wee bit to you.