Need Help... :[

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I sure am... i know there is no excuse for what is going on... alot of it is my fault for the manipulation prt... and i should have made a written document... however...

would the cats being under my name in the hospital computer be somewhat the same thing?

his mother has told me that they are mine before... but what made me mad was that she said...

"they are your cats... i just take care of them..." so what the heck is that supposed to mean?

i bet i sound like a crazy cat lady who is so set on her cats that i do nothing else...

i have excellent grades in high school, can drive, i am getting so depressed over this it isn't even funny...

not to mention now i am the manager of the kennels at work... so that both adds the stress and responsibility... i get somewhat upset when boarding cats go home to their owners... we didn't hold the cat over their head did we...

thank you for all of your responses and warm wishes... this is the best site to come to for support and advise... :]

please post any other comments and responses... i need all the help i can get...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You should get printed copies of all the documentation regarding the cats, including the hospital computer, and have those in hand when you ask the police for help.

I would also type up all the incidents in which the cats were threatened by the ex-boyfriend's family, as well as the statement by the mother that they actually belong to you. Even though you have no witnesses to these conversations, it can't hurt to have them documented.

You can also print out everything you've written about all this on this site (and any other you've visited) -- the dates of the posts should help establish the timeline and lend credibility to your claims.

Be careful not to tip your hand, though -- don't say anything to anyone about intending to get the cats back, or they may not be there when you arrive!

Take action as soon as you can.

Maintain a calm demeanor.

Be resolute.

You can do this!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You know, from everything you wrote it sounds like you are better off without that entire bunch. They all sound like a bunch of crazy psychos to me!

You have your cats back now. Move on with your life and put all the rest, and them... behind you.

You deserve way better than that group of people, including the b/f who sounds just as bad as his parents because he didn't have the guts to stand up to them in the past and give you your cats when you had asked.

If you stayed involved with him, that would mean you still had to stay involved with his wacko parents. Better to get out now than to be tied to them for the rest of your life.

Say goodbye to bad rubbish and move forward.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think she has them back does she? I think she gave them back?

I'm a little confused

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i gave them back because his parents threatened to take his car away. he found a job managing a gas station and he lives far from town so he needs a car to get there... plus it was the only full time job he could find... so i reluctantly gave them back which was extremely stupid of me... but i felt like i didn't want to be the blame for him losing his job...

it is so petty to take this crud out on a 17 year old... what do they have to prove... ?

i have witnesses that saw me with his mother when i got tai... i signed the papers right in front of her...

munchkin was a gift for my bf... everyone at work knows that... but i don't want to drag those that are my co workers into this whole mess...

but through my job i have alot of sources to get them back... the local dogh warden, police and the spca in town... i know them all... i just don't want to make everything worse for everyone around me... as stupid as it may sound i am one of those people who does things for others and forgets about the things that make me happy until they are gone and im kicking myself in the butt after wards...

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have pics of them on my myspace... :]

not that people want to go on that website and out of their way... the link is in my TCS profile... :] they are incredibly cute :-] i wonder if someone can make a banner for me liek everyone else has :] that would be great...

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay... today i really missed my babies... so i asked my bf if he could get them, bring them to my job so we could bathe them and make them smell better than when they are at his house ((his dad smokes alot... in the house too... which the cat's catch in their hair... very unhealthy...)) and we would bring them to PetCo to acually get them out of the house and out in the world somewhat...

they would have been home later ...not my home but still... i was also testing my boundaries... seeing if they were willing and actually realized that they were mine...

of course not... my bf agreed to it... they needed a bath ne ways... but once he got them and put them in his car his dad came out and cursed him out and told him the cats weren't leaving... he and my bf got into a scuffle... i don't understand why... then his mother and sister's sided with their father... im telling you i am getting old of this... and it's the most petty thing ever...

so me and my bf went to the police station at got interviewed just to see what could be done to get them back... the officer we had gotten was ((excuse my french)) a real prick... and just contradicted us over and over...

constantly asking me what i really want and that they are in a "good Home" and his parents must be good to anuimals cuz they have soo many in the house...

then my boyfriend fails to mention that his father has exfixiated animals in the past... with no remorse... his grandmother's cat and his mother's dog... they had bad health problems, but he "put them out of thier misery..." how cruel is that... if you want to do that pay the $$ and get a humane way to "put down" the animal... why be so barbaric...

idk...

he said that all my documentation is good though... i have very articulate records and update monthly... all of their vax. certificates too...

idk people are just insane...

post back <3

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me for saying... but this is way too much drama, and you could easily end it.

The way I see the situation is that you have 2 choices:

1. Leave the cats where they are and let his parents raise them they way they want to. You say they are yours but they are living at their house! You say you gave one cat to your b/f as a birthday gift. You gifted that cat to him. The cat is no longer yours, even if you do say you have the receipt for it. When you give something away it's no longer yours. Even Judge Judy would tell you that.

2. Get the cats back and either take them home to live with you, or if that is not an option find them alternate forever homes with people you feel treat their animals better than your b/f's parents do.

All you are doing with this going back and forth is perpetuating the drama of the whole situation.

Whatever of the 2 you decide you should also really consider ditching that guy and his psycho family. While you say he's not like his family, being involved with him also means being involved with his "Drama Queen" family.

You're young and why you inisist on living with such a situation and such drama and being involved with such psychotiic people is beyond me.

You're young. This time in your life should be happy. You sound anything but.

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second everything Natalie said, harsh though it may be -- except that I do think you should try to get both kittens back, even if one of them was a gift, because (a) those people are subhuman and should not be allowed to keep animals, and (b) that one was a gift to your "boyfriend," not to his parents, and he would probably agree to give that one back, as long as his father isn't around.

Honey, I know that when you're so wrapped up in a situation or a person, it's hard to imagine cutting yourself off from them. No matter how upsetting the situation is, you feel like your life would be empty without it, and that seems worse.

But speaking from the experience of age, I tell you... the very best thing you can do for yourself is develop the ability to be comfortable alone.

Once you've done that, you'll have the emotional resources and composure to be more selective about the people you accept into your life, and to withdraw from situations that become unhealthy.

And this situation is profoundly unhealthy for you. You really, really need to get away from these people before they either do you irreparable harm... or poison you so thoroughly that you turn into one of them.

Let this boy go. If he really is different from his family, he will eventually distance himself from them -- and at that point, you can decide whether to let him back into your life. But right now, he's under their control.

And as long as you're with him, so are you.

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yea i understand... i know i burned a huge bridge but the bridge was coming down anyways... they just like animals for their company and don't see the reality of it... its a child... its your baby... and you as the owner need to take care of it...

i know if i try anythin g to get them back his father may kill them... they may live in that house, but those are my children... i know more about them than any one of these blind subhuman freaks...

and i agree with those 2 choices... i have been thinking about them for abotu a year when things got rough...

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
... sigh... i went on my myspace today and started to cry... if you have myspace check out my kitties pics...

its the myspace regular .com with /xxthecalicokatxx added onto the end...

<33's

xxpunkkittenxx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
nope... :] no crying i just miss them alot... :'{...