Need Help With Siamese Kitten

sforema

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We recently adopted a Siamese kitten through one of the local cat rescues who deal with feral cats and kittens. We also have two other adult cats, one female Calico and a male Siamese. We kept her separate for several days in spare bedroom to get her acclimated to the new living arrangements. She previously was with her brother in a foster home but he got adopted first so she was the only one left in the foster home. She is still pretty skittish but has come out of her shell quite a bit. She plays with the other cats and even likes the dogs for the most part. We didn't have an issue with her using her litter box until just recently. Once in a while, about once a week, she will pee in the middle of the guest bed in the room where one of the litter boxes is. We keep the litter boxes cleaned twice a day and since she's not doing it on a regular basis and the vet can't find anything wrong with her it seems to be a behavioral issue. There are 3 litter boxes through out the house and 3 bowls of dry food always available to them along with fresh water. She's 9 months old and from what I can tell, she gets annoyed when the Calico cat comes in and uses the box in the guest room or eats out of that bowl. Keep in mind the kitten will use all of the boxes and eat out of all of the bowls and even drink out of the dog bowls but I think this may have something to do with it since this was her room when she first came. We've started her on some CBD oil and it has seemed to calm her down a little so there have been less occurrences but I would like to see if anyone has had a situation similar to this and what they did. I've ended up putting a shower curtain liner on top of the bed along with some pee pads and have covered it up with some older sheets and blankets to make sure it does not go through to the mattress. We've had Siamese for years but this the first time we've encountered this type of problem. Even though she was out of a feral litter the kittens were taken into foster care very early. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If that was the room she was first in, by herself i would imagine it is a behavioral problem. She sees that as her territory, and is trying to mark it so the others will stay away. Thats HER room :)
If the cbd oil works to calm her thats great. But i expect with time, maybe not near as quick as you would like, she will fit into the household and stop the behavior. Its just about keeping the bed covered in the meantime i guess.
Maybe for a bit add another box or two in that room? if she is busy marking them she may not have the time, or urine left to mark the bed or anywhere else?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
How does she get along with this calico cat otherwise? Any chance that she is fearful of getting off the bed because the calico cat won’t let her, she is afraid of it or the calico cat won’t let her near the litterbox?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sforema

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How does she get along with this calico cat otherwise? Any chance that she is fearful of getting off the bed because the calico cat won’t let her, she is afraid of it or the calico cat won’t let her near the litterbox?
She gets along fine with her. They all get along fine. They all play together and will sleep together in one of the beds. She is a little more partial to the Siamese male but she does get along fine with the Calico.