Need Help With Pregnant Cat in Labor

jennifer29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really need some advice here my cat been in labor for 11 hours now and she had one of her baby's at 2:40 pm today she still has atleast 2 inside her i really need help please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennifer29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If its active labor, you must contact the vets ASAP and be ready to rush in.   The first kitten may have quite some labor, but the following shall not have active labor more than 30-40 minutes - longer-call the vet.

But they can have pauses, and this is usually no big problem.

If she is resting comfortably, no problems, happy with her already delivered kitten, do observe, but you can watch and see.

If you notice any problems, contact your vet.

Please come woth reports and further questions.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Just moving this for Jennifer:
I really need some advice here my cat been in labor for 11 hours now and she had one of her baby's at 2:40 pm today she still has atleast 2 inside of her can someone please help me
Reba, tx for helping Jennifer.  I too asked a mod to move her tread hither.

I did gave an answer, in short:

if it is a pause, no visible problems, she can wait and see, although observe closely - the situaltion is touchy.

if it is unfruitful long labor, or almost any other problems, she must contact a vet ASAP.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Reba, tx for helping Jennifer.  I too asked a mod to move her tread hither.

I did gave an answer, in short:

if it is a pause, no visible problems, she can wait and see, although observe closely - the situaltion is touchy.

if it is unfruitful long labor, or almost any other problems, she must contact a vet ASAP.
She sent me a pm, I told her the very same things.

If she is distressed in any way, or if she is able to see any part of the baby but mom can't get it delivered, then call the vet ASAP.

That some time can go in between deliveries.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I really need some advice here my cat been in labor for 11 hours now and she had one of her baby's at 2:40 pm today she still has atleast 2 inside her i really need help please
It's not unusual for a cat to have a long break between kittens. Is she panting or straining to push the kittens out? If it's been 11 hours of continuous labour then you should call a vet and ask for advice. If she had one kitten and doesn't seem distressed then it's nothing to worry about.

How's the kitten doing? Did the mother clean him off and allow him to suckle?

jennifer29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank u very much i had to start helping her with rest of the baby's she was to wore out by time she got them half way out and she didn't even try to eat that placenta the last one but she doing good i had to sleep by her cause she my kitty so she wouldn't be scared but she doing better now

jennifer29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes she had 5 altogether and im a light sleeper and everytime mama comes out of the box to drink or something all the baby's start crying

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congratulations! So glad everything went well. Are the babies nursing good?

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay!! So glad she is done and all is going great!! Nice to hear.

Stressful isn't it?!  We know :)  

Lovely family you have there!!