Need help with my two week old kitten

yukii_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a two week old kitten that is breathing with a slight rattling noise. I am not sure if its really a “rattling” sound, it might br completely normal too and I maybe just getting paranoid.
I wish I could upload a video here but unfortunately that is not an option.
Can someone let me know if this something to be alarmed about?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a two week old kitten that is breathing with a slight rattling noise. I am not sure if its really a “rattling” sound, it might br completely normal too and I maybe just getting paranoid.
I don't think it is normal at all, it might be a symptom of an URI, and it could get worse at that age.
You can upload a video on YouTube and then post the link here.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe this is normal, but without hearing it no one here can say for certain.

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Really the only safe is to let a vet experienced with small kittens take a check out... And if necessary, prescribe a treatment.

The problem is, many vets arent very knowleable on small kittens...

Usually its vets whom cooperate with breeders, and vets whom cooperate with shelters and rescue groups., whom are used to small kittens and knowleable on them.