Need help with my "angry" cat

kit e cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol, the thought of a grown man peeking around corners and fearing for his life because of the cat is amusing. I just want to say thank you for sticking it out. At least she likes your mom and daughter, who would probably be more injured if she attacked them. Good luck with the Feliway. They make calming meds for cats as well. Talk to your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jimmy jazz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kit E Cat

lol, the thought of a grown man peeking around corners and fearing for his life because of the cat is amusing. I just want to say thank you for sticking it out. At least she likes your mom and daughter, who would probably be more injured if she attacked them. Good luck with the Feliway. They make calming meds for cats as well. Talk to your vet.
But she makes just awful noises too.. lol.. It is just a nasty site. This little thing (or angel as my mom calls her). It is not fun

cat_lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
DON'T try TO hard!
your probally exsausting your cat give her space! if that dosent work you should call a vet. it might have behavior problems.
good vibes

jimmy jazz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well last night I was excited. juno was sitting up on a table next to my mom. I slowly appraocehd. Her eyes were as big as saucers. I slowly reached out. She looked like she was about to bail. I talked her softly as did my mom. I put my hand out slowly and she sniffed. I then was able to pat her and scratch behind her ears which I know she loves. She seemd uneasy a bit but there was no hiss, claw or attack. I then backed away slowly and prasied her. I then returned moments later and gave her a couple of treats.She wouldn't eat them until I left, but it was a start. We avcoided each other since, but well see tonight when I get home from work. She looked liek she was in attack mode this AM, but I avoided it.

It is funny, I am a 44 year old guy and I am walking on eggshells around a little cat.. But it will be all worth it. I am sure.

cat_lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz

Well last night I was excited. juno was sitting up on a table next to my mom. I slowly appraocehd. Her eyes were as big as saucers. I slowly reached out. She looked like she was about to bail. I talked her softly as did my mom. I put my hand out slowly and she sniffed. I then was able to pat her and scratch behind her ears which I know she loves. She seemd uneasy a bit but there was no hiss, claw or attack. I then backed away slowly and prasied her. I then returned moments later and gave her a couple of treats.She wouldn't eat them until I left, but it was a start. We avcoided each other since, but well see tonight when I get home from work. She looked liek she was in attack mode this AM, but I avoided it.

It is funny, I am a 44 year old guy and I am walking on eggshells around a little cat.. But it will be all worth it. I am sure.
great job!
you have gained the trust of your cat!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is definitely worth all of your patient efforts ...
for you, your Mother and for Juno.

More calming vibes on the way to Juno.

jimmy jazz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
thanks folks. Well tonight, the process was repeated exactly. Only thing is after I gave her treats, I walked on the other side of her and got hissed at. But at least I got to pet and sccratch behind her ears again. I will keep at it.

I am determined

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't be to persistent or she will feel threatened. Try ignoring her completely for a few days and see if that doesn't help.

jimmy jazz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Don't be to persistent or she will feel threatened. Try ignoring her completely for a few days and see if that doesn't help.
thanks for the tip. I will try that.