Need Help With Lash Size

VintageLahni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
D4A498A3-E3CD-4653-A514-14AEC2166381.png
Hi everyone, I was hoping anyone can help me with purchasing right size of TrePonti lash for my kittens.
As u can see the attached pic, chest size is more important than weight, and I actually did my work and purchased 2 that I thought they would be slightly bigger, but no.. way too big..
I did that because my cuties are still kittens..., considering still growing.. thus.., they were gonna be bigger.. In fact, they are Siberian which is a large breed, but my decision wasnt that smart.

Ok..,, so here are the measurements..
Yani (male 8 month old) chest size 13.5
Gaia (female 8 month old) chest size 11.5

Previously I got 2.0 and 2.5 but I’m thinking to get 1.0 and 1.5.

Now you may think 1.0 would be too small for Gaia, but Im thinking because we can control the the tightness by loosening up at the top part, whereas we can’t tighten up more, it s better to get smaller ones..

You know how cats are.. they are like a liquid.. when chest size is right, neck area gets loose and it s very easy for them to take the lash out..

What do you think?

(Im not sure if I explained ok for everyone to understand.. pls bear with me.., English is not my first language hehe)

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Welcome to our site. I don't have any answers for this issue but if they allow returns you could get one size down but what if they grow into them? I had no luck getting my Honeybee to allow any harness around her stomach. All I got were shredded fingers. Do they allow you to put it on them ok?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!
Your English is great and you are so correct, cats really are like liquid when trying to fit a harness/lash on them.
I am like you, I think get the smaller size :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VintageLahni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to our site. I don't have any answers for this issue but if they allow returns you could get one size down but what if they grow into them? I had no luck getting my Honeybee to allow any harness around her stomach. All I got were shredded fingers. Do they allow you to put it on them ok?
Hi Foxxycat That was why I purchased one size bigger for each, and I’m afraid it has been 2 months and have used those lashes so I dont think I can return them. At first, I thought it d be alright to use, but as time goes by, i have realized when situation occurs such as sudden appearance of dogs or any kind.., my cats would run off backwards fast that the leash will come off easily.. as long as they go forwards, i believe the leash stayed on them just fine, but it s when they try going backwards....

Oh and yes.., they ‘sorta’ allow me to have them leashed luckily :)
I have to be quick though.. haha
Yani loves going out whereas Gaia is more like shy girl.. I think Yani kinda knows that when leashed, he goes out..

They are very gentle and calm so they dont get bothered too much of being leashed... thank god :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

VintageLahni

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!
Your English is great and you are so correct, cats really are like liquid when trying to fit a harness/lash on them.
I am like you, I think get the smaller size :)
Hi Furballsmom thanks a lot for your reply!! Now that I have you saying ‘get smaller size’, i feel much comfortable making decision! I think I will go with smaller size :)
Thank you again