Need Help With Kitten Who Won't Use The Litterbox

ThreeCatsAreBetterThanTwo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My cat had kittens and we decided to keep one. I was able to train all the other kittens to use the litter box, but this little guy refuses. Every time I put him in there he jumps right out and runs away. He keeps peeing and pooping on the curtains and the couch. It is very frustrating. I watch him when he goes outside too. He just squats wherever he feels like it and doesn't have the need to dig or anything. Usually they learn by watching mom, but this one is stubborn. He is 3 months old by the way. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

KittyRoyale

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had similar problems with Gifa, one of my two pretty little angels, it turned out it was psychological. she didn't want to use any litter box her sister uses, and she didn't like the litter i used, she would only go when she feels its safe and no one is watching and she would only stay in closed litter boxes with two or three doorways. I just let her in after loading her up with food and leave the room, she comes around minutes later. Also at 4 months old she had conflicts with her sister MARKING TERRITORY over litter boxes, sheets, couches, coners and stuff. Look out for those too .. I'm sure your kitty would come around. The link Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 gave helped me greatly too

3katcouple

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So you had to buy a different litter for your baby? Did they continue to mark territory? My new kitten is doing the same thing. But she will poop in the litter box just won't pee

I had similar problems with Gifa, one of my two pretty little angels, it turned out it was psychological. she didn't want to use any litter box her sister uses, and she didn't like the litter i used, she would only go when she feels its safe and no one is watching and she would only stay in closed litter boxes with two or three doorways. I just let her in after loading her up with food and leave the room, she comes around minutes later. Also at 4 months old she had conflicts with her sister MARKING TERRITORY over litter boxes, sheets, couches, coners and stuff. Look out for those too .. I'm sure your kitty would come around. The link Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 gave helped me greatly too