Need help with foster kitty

cici

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do not normaly take pregnant foster cats, generaly I take the bottle fed babies or ferals but none of the other fosters had room for this kitty so I took her.

The vet placed her at about a year old and said almost 2 weeks ago that he thought she should be around ready to have the kittens.
He was unable to fully examine her as she was under a lot of stress at the time and was acting quite agressive.

Anyway here we are near two weeks later still no kittens , what I am worried about though is the fact she has a discharge, it is brownish in color and seems to congeal around her vaginal area.
No smell or anything like that but I am a bit worried about it.
It is not a lot in fact it takes about one full day for her to discharge what looks like a small clot about half the size of a dime.

This started 3 days ago and I thought a small discharge before giving birth was normal so I just kept a close eye on her.
Now here it is 3 days later still no kittens and I am wondering if this is normal.

She is eating fine, does not seem to have a fever or at least she is not hot to the touch (though I pity the fool who attempts to take her tempature)
She is not drinking excessivly and seems in general good spirits other than attempting to attack anything and everyone other than me which I can only assume is her protecting her birthing area.

Thanks in advance

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS.

This kitty needs to see a vet. Whether she is pregnant or not, a constant, slow, brown discharge is not normal and could indicate a problem such as pyometria (a uterine infection) or a kitten that has died in-utero.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cici

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, I will call and see if I can get her into a weekend appointment.