Need help with cat!

viper2191

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted a few week ago about my male cat peeing blood. It was a UTI. We took him to the vet, they said his bladder was solid, and they gave him a catheter, and held him for a few days. When he was released, they said he was peeing on his own, and to give him penicillin antibiotic for 2 weeks to get rid of the UTI> He has been acting better, but over the past few days, where he sits, its bloddy liquid, and now brown. He is always soaked in it. I came into the living room this morning and there was that brown liquid drops up my wall, on my computer, everywhere! Some of it was 3-4 feet up the wall! What is going on?! Why is he spraying all over the house, and whats this brown stuff??? It went everywhere. It has been a week since he got back from the vet. Thanks.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please. please, take him back to the vet.  Do it NOW.  Go to an emergency vet if you have to.  This is not normal at all.  This is not behavioral, it is medical.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

viper2191

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, i need to take him back to the vet then, noone has seen brown spots on the wall, and the cat soaked in brown stuff? Its weird

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's a safe bet he is leaking bloody urine.  He still has the UTI.  It may be persistent or resistant to these antibiotics since he had it for so long before seeing the vet before.  I fortunately have not seen this myself before, but I am nonetheless 99%+ sure that this is what is going on.

In the future when something like this is happening, I recommend calling your vet rather than posting here.  This will save you time and enable your kitty to get help faster. Given that the vet saw your cat less than a week ago, he could probabyl speak with more authority on this than me (though I suspect he'd basically tell you what I am and ask you to come in immediately).  In addition if it is nothing, the vet will know and be able to give you peace of mind- something an online forum cannot.