Need Help with a Four Week Old Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingforluna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she used to follow me everywhere and sleep on my bed and one day I missed a night at home and ever since then it's like she completely did a 180. it makes me so sad ;-;

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have one that is just a little over a year old now.  I named her "Cuddles" when she was young because she would sleep with me and cuddle all the time.  But that changed as she got older and she became a cat's cat and just wanted to be with the gang all the time.  It was sad but she is not the only cat here and one of the older females has decided she likes to cuddle too, although just for awhile, then she goes to the foot of the bed to sleep.  For awhile Cuddles was absolutely not interested in having any relationship with me unless there was wet food involved.  The typical teenager, in my opinion.  Now she's over a year old, she will let me hold her again without struggling to get down (I never gave up, I would force her to be picked up and tolerate it even if she didnt like it, just to keep her from being totally wild and willful).  She is starting to purr when being petted again.  She still prefers to sleep in the cat bed on the dryer, but she will tlerate maybe 10 minutes of cuddling in the bed before she's off again.  Just keep on with Luna, interact with her as much as you can.  She's not a baby anymore but she's not an adult either, and she may become your buddy again in the future.  Perhaps your going away made her embrace her independence, but you can win her back over time.  My older cats are ALL affectionate now that they are 2 years old and older.