Need help with 3-4 week old kitten

hteft

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Could she had climbed a tree? Possibly be stuck in a tree?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkicocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No I never thought to put her food and litter out I'll do that now. Can cats smell their way back if they went somewhere? If she had climbed a tree wouldn't she cry out especially if she heard us calling her? It's like she literally disappeared while my husband was in the garage.

hteft

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a cat years ago who liked to be outside, but would follow every bird or squirrel up a tree. He almost always got stuck, but rarely ever cried out. Every cat is different though. Mine wasn't an overly vocal cat to begin with.

nikkicocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'll look up in the trees tomorrow morning when it gets light out. I've never seen her climb or attempt to climb a tree but anything is possible. So it's probably silly to think she just went away because of the kitten right ? She wasn't happy. Growling whenever the kitten approached her. She is always very jealous over another cat.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I do think she is put out, but I think she may well be home sometime tomorrow. Cats are very emotional. I understand how distraught you are, but let's hope for the best tonight and see if she's back tomorrow. When you do get her back, and you will, do not let her out again.

I had a cat do this once, and I found her down the street in my neighbor's yard. Her feelings were very hurt over a new cat arriving, but I had her for 17 years in the end!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She is probably in your yard hiding and listening to you calling her. She is acting out and you will find her tomorrow. She will be hungry. Her feelings are hurt. She will come home and expect to be treated like a queen!

nikkicocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We checked the garage. Twice. She is out supervised and in the 15 or 20 minutes he did not watch her as she was laying in her usual spot is when she just left. He feels beyond bad but I've had her out and there are times I have to run inside for a few minutes so it can happen to anyone. He is getting up at dawn to start looking for her again. Maybe she will get over her upsetness tonight and decide to come back home in the morning. I can't believe the cat problems I'm having to write to you guys about. This past week has been more problematic in all my cat owning history. I need her to be there in the morning.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I promise you she will be back. She's mad as a hornet right now. Put food out. She will be back tomorrow!

Last edited:

nikkicocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope so. I haven't been attentive with her since the kitten arrived as I should have been. Yes she will be back tomorrow. I'll let you know when she shows up.

nikkicocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Willow is home! Thank God. She came out of the words when she was called this morning. Thank you for words of advice once again. We will give her lots of attention and cuddles for sure. Hoping in time she will accept the kitten.

nikkicocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ill post again because I don't think the earlier post went thru. My cat came running early this morning when my husband went out looking for her. She will receive lots of attention and cuddles. Thanks again for all the words of advice.

yellowhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay!  So glad Willow is home, and so glad the kitten is getting treatment.  Great news!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah, what a relief!

And she got her point across in a dramatic way :).

nikkicocoa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Treasure had her vet exam today and tested negative for parasites and feline leukaemia. She is a healthy 5 week old kitty! Thanks again for all your help and words of wisdom.

Willow, our female, still doesn't like her but our male adores her. :)

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad Willow came back :) . Great news on Treasure's clean bill of health! What a cute pic, I'm glad treasure has a friend... What a lovely boy [emoji]10084[/emoji]️