Need Help With 17 Year Old Cat In Litter Box

lorilynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am at my wits end. My 17 year old cat who has arthritis pees over the edge of the litter box. The pee is outside of box. She goes in but not all the way, her behind is touching the edge on the inside of box. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Buy some extra large puppy pads, pretty inexpensive, and set the box on them. They are plastic lined and absorbent so it will protect your floors and just switch it out a couple times a week. I buy them $5 for 15 pads.

If your pic is of your 17 year old? So beautiful.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorilynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's brilliant!!!! Thanks so much for that tip!! You have no idea how much I appreciate that!!!!!

lorilynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Buy some extra large puppy pads, pretty inexpensive, and set the box on them. They are plastic lined and absorbent so it will protect your floors and just switch it out a couple times a week. I buy them $5 for 15 pads.

If your pic is of your 17 year old? So beautiful.
Yes, the picture of the 17 your old was just taken last winter!! Not a gray hair on her body but sure walks like 100 with her old arthritic bones. And also just found out she's a full blown diabetic:( but grateful to still have her ad long as possible!! I'm doing everything imaginable to make her life comfortable. When the inevitable comes I'm going to be devastated!! She's been with me 17 years of my life. Had since she was 6 weeks old. She's my baby

babiesmom5

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have one 16 year old cat who is like yours. She has some arthritis in the hips.

I solved the problem, by laying 2 large "Underpads" under the litter box. We call them "chucks" in the hospital...because after incontinent patients use them...we "chuck" them.
You can find them in any supermarket in the "Depends" aisle.

i also use one to line a carrying case when taking a cat to the vet. Sometimes they get stressed and let go. I've had them do both. So you keep some extra "chucks" in the car along with paper towels and plastic bags to dispose it all in.

Vet hospitals use these pads as well. They are a lifesaver!

lorilynn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have one 16 year old cat who is like yours. She has some arthritis in the hips.

I solved the problem, by laying 2 large "Underpads" under the litter box. We call them "chucks" in the hospital...because after incontinent patients use them...we "chuck" them.

i also use one to line a carrying case when taking a cat to the vet. Sometimes they get stressed and let go. I've had them do both. So you keep some extra "chucks" in the car along with paper towels and plastic bags to dispose it all in.

Yes, thank you so much!!! I really appreciate this!!!! Fantastic idea!!!!!