Need help to find out what to do with my cat in labor

Trinity26$

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My baby been in Labor since Tuesday I guess because it was a liquid sack hanging off her around 6 I noticed it and she was ok still eating and playing around and Wednesday morning at 7/8 my boyfriend notice it was it was gone and the back of her behind was wet … now it’s is Thursday and no babies… she is still eating and using the bathroom drinking water and sleeping a lot and wants to be with me all the time now .. she doesn’t want to lay in her bed to relax just with me .. what can I do for her .. I’m not working and it’s no type of resources around my area for cats and it’s sad the first picture is the sack of fluid you see coming out and the other one is now

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That most likely is a sac of water surrounding a kitten. Cats have their 'water' break too, just like people. Since it had been at least two days since you saw this, I would call a vet and see what they say. usually, if a cat shows no distress, pacing, yowling, or restlessness, they will be fine, but water breaking is usually followed shortly by a kitten. make sure you tell them how long it has been and how calm she is. I will tag an expert, Sarthur2 Sarthur2 , for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trinity26$

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I did that and they told me she’s ok but I have her by herself in her own room four bedroom for her and a nice blanket on the floor and her cat litter and that all she want to do too is be in the cat litter box

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats lay in their litter boxes because they represent comfort. you might get her a box on its side or something a little more private, she may like that. she needs your presence too it seems for comfort. I pray everything goes well and she starts labor soon. Please keep us posted!

Trinity26$

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yess that’s what I’m saying… she was in her cat box again just playing with the litter….

Trinity26$

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well if nothing happens today into tomorrow I will be at the emergency room with her and she just Heard me talking on the phone about the emergency room and she started meowing a lil

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You have got excellent advices.
My comments:

these protruding fluid sacs are worrying, but I have noticed it often ends well anyway... :)

Rub her belly if she allows it (good massage and helps things going), and give her calcium rich food; whatever you have at home and she takes...

Lacks of calcium causes often weak labor...

Trinity26$

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she loves when I rub her belly she starts purring like crazy and yes the food she eats is a grain gluten-free frozen diet with real chicken and also the wet food the same

Trinity26$

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now she walking up and down my hallway with one of the other cats I got and she making a purring noses around the cat

Trinity26$

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Something slimy just came out of her and she went right to her bed after… hopefully that means the kittens are coming

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she has a other make sure to remove any membranes and massage it vigorously with a wet warm rag like a mama cat would do with her tongue to get it going. All kittens look dead when they are first born. It is mama that gets them going. That first one may have been in the birth canal too long...I'm so sorry....

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she has a other make sure to remove any membranes and massage it vigorously with a wet warm rag like a mama cat would do with her tongue to get it going. All kittens look dead when they are first born. It is mama that gets them going. That first one may have been in the birth canal too long...I'm so sorry....
Excellent advices! Also, sometimes they ARE stillborn, but its possible to relive them up. Typically by raising their body temp. Say massaging them vigorously, or having a IR lamp over them... Also be sure to get water from mouth and nose if there is any...

Farmers save sometimes stillborn piglets by simply putting them in warm water... Crude and primitive, but fairly efficient... I dont recomment this particular remedy, but its a nice example of sometimes its possible to relive a stillborn... No quaranties given, but worth a honest try.