Need help quick!

thejewelrybox1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat gave birth four weeks ago. She had fleas but I didn't get to treat her before the kittens arrived. I recently purchased sentry fiprogaurd max. It claimed to be a generic form of frontline spot on which from what I've read is supposed to be safe on nursing queens so I used it. I gave he kittens all baths and dried them good, they're beginning to eat wet food so I put some in the room to wait for the solution to dry. I read the box and nowhere did it mention nursing or pregnant cats, so I called to be safe. Turns out they don't recommend you use in on nursing cats!!! So now I have the kittens quarantined in my room and my queen is meowing at the door frantically as I write this. I don't know what to do. The kitties need milk still, and haven't learned I poop or pee entirely on their own, so I let her in there to tend to that but I can't let them nurse. Should I go and pick up some formula and bottle feed them? When is it safe for them to nurse again? Help!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I dont know me either.  But if you want to play it safe, you should do as you plan: give them some kmr or goat milk if you can...

Good luck!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Simply wipe the area where you treated her off with a warm cloth, as best as you can.

Put them back together, it's okay.

The thing is basically that they crawl all over her and may ingest some that is not naturally distributed on her skin yet.

It will all be fine :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thejewelrybox1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, so much I did that and they are doing fine!