NEED Help Please!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope you are able to get her in so she doesn't have the babies outside!
Does she spend alot of time outside normally? My girl didn't even go by the door after she got caught. But, she is an inside cat and only ran outside during the time she was in heat and WOW she was fast at it too! We knew to swipe our feet in a kicking motion as we opened the door because of how badly she wanted out and she learned to jump over our feet as we entered the house!
The lil chit!

Has she been having contractions or discharge yet/still? If she's out for very long, be sure to look around in places that she might've gone to have them. Keep us updated!

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has always been an indoor and outdoor cat. She is always inside at night but during the day she roams around, sometimes inside and sometimes outside. Lastnight I had a heck of a time keeping her in the house though. Normally when we are going outside or leaving I will send everyone out and stay inside until hubby and the kids are out and then I will slowly go out so I can watch her. I dont trust anyone else to not let her out.

I remember hearing something about the cats wanting to go out so bad before she has the kittens to inform the dad that she is getting ready to have them. i dont remember if it was on here that I seen it or if someone just told me about it. Does anyone know if that is true???
Maybe if it is then after she finds him she will want to come back in? I hope so. When Chloe, my 3yr old, got up this morning and found out that sponge got outside it was a very sad sight. I was gonna try to not say anything to her about it and just hope that Sponge got back inside fast but that didnt happen. As soon as Chloe got up she said something about the door being opened and that Sponge could get out and then she went and closed the door. So i went ahead and told her that Sponge already had gotten out. She was very upset about it.

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh and about the discharge, I dont know b/c I had just woke up when this all happened this morning and hadnt had time to even give her a little petting. She moved into my bathroom. I guess she got sick of being in the playroom. My husband said when he got up in the middle of the night the last couple of nights she would be in our bathroom. So lastnight before I went to bed I moved everything into there.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm, maybe she already has a nest outside to deliver??? You don't want that! Maybe try to poke around to see if she is laying under in some secluded area or up under a deck or porch or something.
I hope you can get her in before she has them outside!

nikki w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
about an hour after she got out my daughter spotted her outside on the back deck. so she opened the door and called for her and she came right inside. I guess she just really needed some fresh air or she just wanted to prove to us that if she wanted out she would get out. LOL She is all cuddled up sleeping right now. I didnt notice anymore blood or anything on her when I looked her over. She does look a little more swollen this morning though.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is great that she came back in!!!

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kassie is doing VERY good as a new mommy!

I had to take her back to the vet on Friday to have her incision checked and they applied a little glue to the end of her incision where it was not sutured well. I was a little scared last night when I grabbed her to give her her antibiotics and her incision starting oozing some. It just didn't look right to me. Today it looked fine when I gave her the meds. Since she started to care for her babies I haven't had to give them the KMR I'd bought for them and fed them until she started to care for them on her own, so I've just been giving it to mommy instead of discarding. I'm going to be sure to keep a close eye on her incision and call the vet back tomorrow if it should start anymore oozing again. So far so good today!

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Nope!

She is nursing well thankfully!

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad. If Skittles needs a c-section I am thinking of geting her fixed then.. This lets me now she will do ok

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so pleased that everyone is doing fine.
Lucyloo - some vets in the UK do spay when doing a c-section, it doesn't affect the milk production and imo is the best thing to do as it saves them having to have another op.

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

I am so pleased that everyone is doing fine.
Lucyloo - some vets in the UK do spay when doing a c-section, it doesn't affect the milk production and imo is the best thing to do as it saves them having to have another op.
Exactly! I had hated the thought of trying to keep her in for 6-8wks before being able to take her in to go through the spaying.
Kassie was
like her mommy (me), LOL, get fixed at the same time cuz it will save the surgery later!

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nikki W

about an hour after she got out my daughter spotted her outside on the back deck. so she opened the door and called for her and she came right inside. I guess she just really needed some fresh air or she just wanted to prove to us that if she wanted out she would get out. LOL She is all cuddled up sleeping right now. I didnt notice anymore blood or anything on her when I looked her over. She does look a little more swollen this morning though.
Nikki....given that she is one that enjoys being indoors/outdoors....you may want to keep her in a seperate room which she cannot escape from until she has had the kittens and has been spayed. Unfortunately she can become pregnant again as early as a week after giving birth.

Katie

tina marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tina,

The kittens are adorable. Maybe the daddy is the same black cat that fathered Missy's kittens. Who knows? You are only a mile away. lol

I'm glad to hear that Kassie is doing better with the babies and recovering well. My vet said no spaying until 5-6 weeks because it will dry up her milk. Obviously that isn't true, so I will call around to some of those low cost places and see if they will do it. The Kitty Clinic was going to charge $162 anyway. That doesn't sound like a good deal compared to what you got with Kassie. Can you tell me again where you took her? I'll call and see what they say. I've got to get her spayed soon or we will end up with more babies. As nice as the weather has been, it's going to be hard to keep her inside. Thanks!

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Tina;

The vet I took Kassie to is called, A Care Animal Clinic, they are on Rochester Rd just north of 15 mi. 248-524-0500.
The one that I had planned on taking her to be spayed originally was at Long Lake Animal Hospital 248-689-8899.

Maybe the black cat is the same...lol...I cannot recall seeing one around here!

I hope you can get your baby fixed before she gets caught. Good luck!

tina marie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Tina. I'll call tomorrow. I have to do something ASAP as the devil we are speaking of is sitting outside on my front porch right this minute meowing!!! Luckily Missy is in the closet doing her motherly duties. She snuck out for a bit a few days ago. Hopefully he wasn't around then!!! Yikes! My poor girl!

He's a brave little sucker!! I heard mewowing earlier, oh, about an hour ago, and thought it was one of my cats. My 2 males were at the window looking out, so I panicked thinking it was Missy, but found her in my room, He even scratched on my screen on the window! Just caught him meowing again and got a good look at him. He's definitely black and pretty small. Must be a stray. I feel bad for him out in this weather...wish he'd go find a nice warm garage to sleep in...far far away from my house. LOL

Good luck with your daughter and granddaughter also. Congratulations. I hope things go well!

Tina

etcrame

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL...We had a mangy looking white cat looking in my window calling back when Kassie had been in heat and my daughter walked into the kitchen and seen it in the window one night and it scared her half to death! Now I know where the term 'peeping Tom' came from!

Thanks for the well wishes!