Need help, our new cat is obsessed with me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jamesharvey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well this is a great Christmas so far! All three cats hanging out in the living room while my wife makes gift bags. This is a first!
This is the first time the other two have been this close to Willow without Willow chasing after them to fight.

Magic is a 2 year old feral cat we recused from the pound. She will chase a laser light, we found out Willow will also chase a laser light. When they chase the light nothing matters. All of their focused and attention goes into the light.

Tonight my wife said here is a small gift to open, a pen laser light!
Magic is accross the room on a chair, Willow is on the other side of the room on the floor next to me. Let's see if we can get them next to each other without fighting?
To mellow out Willow, catnip! I then started to play with Willow and the laser, Willow is like a kitten playing and really fast, (this would explaine how she was able to beat up the other two cats) next thing you know Magic is standing on her two back legs like a human watching the laser. Then Magic is within two feet of Willow watching Willow chase the laser. I run the light right next to magic and Willow is now chasing the laser within inches of magic. You can see in magic face she wants to chase the light and is holding back. I get both of them chasing it each at a time. Then Willow went back to being Willow and attacked magic. Magic took off and I went back to playing with Willow and guess what? Magic was back! She wants that laser! This is a first! I turned off the laser light and they are now walking around each other without fighting!

We feed the cats twice a day can wet food. Before khalisee and magic would always leave some food and even at time not eat it at all.
Since Willow showed up, Willow eats all of their food and her own food. We feed them in different parts of the house and it does not matter Willow heads to their food bowl and eats everything, she then goes back to her bowl and eats all of her food. It has been a pain trying to get Willow not to eat all of the other cats can food, her belly is getting fat. She has to do the Spider-Man claw up the side of the bed to sleep with me at night. It is sad, yet kinda of funny.

So I found another use for the laser! When Willow goes to eats the other cats food I used it to get her to chase the laser and leave the food!

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just have to put my kitten in the bathroom to eat ao he doesnt eat the other cats food. Pig disguised as a cat!!

jamesharvey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No kidding! Willow does not know to stop eating! Out two others use to leave food. Not anymore!

Merry Christmas !

jamesharvey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well
Things turning interesting for Willow, it turns out she how diabetes. After almost losing her and four different vets advise to put her down she is doing just fine and her aggression has tapered to almost nothing.
A member on this form advised me to go to http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/5-4-willow-pmps-149bg.157295/#post-1670899 for help.
If it was not for that person I would not know where I would be today with her. The knowledge of the members on that site regarding diabetes and catch is unbelievable, they are by far or more experience than any of the vets I dealt with