NEED HELP NOW!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or maybe she needs reassurance that she's loved. Jasmine says she hasn't been properly fed until her head's been scratched as well.

It sounds like this one has been on her own for some time; heaven only knows how she managed to survive with no claws. She must be feeling seriously traumatized, and afraid that she's going to lose the only kindness and safety she's had in who knows how long.

If that's it, and if you decide to keep her, she may get over it once she realizes she really does have a forever home.

What happened with the chip search?

Margret

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I managed to contact the person in charge of the clinic, and she has an appointment Monday to get scanned. And she's not staying here; we can't afford another cat.

One more thing, and I don't know if this is a problem. When my cats get pet they close their eyes, lean into the pets, and if it goes on long enough they sort of go--well, boneless for lack of a better word. This new one--doesn't. Her eyes don't close if she's in the same room with me (she blinks, but doesn't seem to rest), and she's always tense, like she's about to spring away.

Also, I don't like how slowly she's gaining weight. When Momma cat was losing weight quickly as she was nursing her babies I mixed kitty formula in with her wet food to help her gain the weight back--would that work with this one, or is that something that's only done with nursing cats?

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I found a no-kill re-homing society here, and they'll take care of getting the poor baby scanned and either reunited with her family or placed. She should be easy to place; she's a friendly little thing.

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everyone, for all your help! 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What they said!

I'm very glad to hear it. Let's hope she's chipped, and can go home to a loving family.

Margret

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Bless you.  You did very well by her, and if she isn't chipped, they will find her a loving home.