Need help now! 3 Day Old Foster Kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would not do that right now. Do try to get the Albon though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ruby3440

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't think so. We will definitely try to get the albon today as my dad is dropping me off and my mom is going to take a poop sample into the shelter and hopefully pick it up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ruby3440

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I got home today and he is doing a lot worse then yesterday. He is really lethargic, has pale gums, and is dehydrated. My mom has now decided we will not give him albon as everyone she's talked to tells her not to give him it, the shelter refuses unless he tests positive for coccidia, and the rescue won't because he is not a rescue kitten. His stomach has gone down though. We are feeding him about every hour and a half to 2 hours still during the day with nutrical.

I am wondering though if he could possibly have Feline Leukemia. As just the past 2 or 3 days I have noticed him seeming to shed. Or is there anything else that it could be?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may possibly be panleukopenia, or it may just be run of the mill infection he picked up during the attack on his family. I don’t know who your mother talks to, but Albon can only help. As lethargic and dehydrated as he sounds, his organs will probably begin shutting down soon and he will die a painful death. You might consider euthanasia at this point since his prognosis without vet care is poor at best. I’m sorry.

Feline panleukopenia - Wikipedia