Need help naming Boy Long haired kitten

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got this little guy two weeks ago and I can not think of a name that suites him. My boyfriend callea him Fluff Ball but I like real names like Mason, Desmond, Coby etc. Only thing is. I dont see him fitting those names and masons already my dogs name. This little guy is charming, trusting, Cuddly and loving. He sleeps on my boyfriends side or mine and he purs the second you pet him. If you stop he squeeks intill you returm to pettinging him and hes a classic couch pataito. He also thinks hes a dog and no fear of them he cuddles into my Rottie/mastiff and geys into the dogs food bowls while they are eating so he can to eat the dog food. He also eats scraps the dogs drop (human) and squeeks if he doesn't get any. Hes about 80% dog lol. If you have suggestions on cool names let me know. As long as its not sqeeekers, fluffy, smokey, kitty etc. Real sounding names can be fictional from books, movies or shoes too :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh he's cute!  Reading "boy long haired" immediately made me think Fabio (
); but I don't know that he has the coloring to go with that.

He is super cute!!

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Suggested name:  Toogie.  Your boy is similar to but not quite like my boy, Toogie.  Here is his picture if you haven't seen it elsewhere:

Sadly, in this picture he is starting to show his age.  He was around 13 years old at the time this picture was taken.

His official name was Mischa--Russian for Michael, my boyfriend at the time.  My Mother loved this cat, and her nickname for him went from 'Sugar Lumps' to 'Toogie-Lumps', than just plain Toogie, in very short order.  But it fit him and his personality better than Mischa did.

Just a suggestion.

PS:  The other little face there is his companion, Angel.

Last edited:

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How about these.

Alex, Apollo, Skittles, Bandana, Bailey,Jazz, Whiskers, Dallas, Elvis, Ruflfes,

Tucker, Urban, Bacardi, Clooney, DeNiro, Jazz, Maverick, Merlot. 

Just  a few . ;-) 

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Handsome? Lol. Big Bopper? Uhhh... I hate brain clouds.
There was the guy from the 50's... died in a car or motorcycle accident I think. I want to say he did one movie.

kibmufxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mickey is nice but how about Nikkie or Nickie ?

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just watched Frozen, so Hans or Kristoff.

My girl is named Glinda, I am always trying to get people to name their girl cats Elphaba, so I guess Fiyero or Boq for a boy. Sticking with the Wicked theme.

Our male rabbit is Roland, after the Warren Zevon song. Our male Keeshond that passed last year at 17 was Jochie, which is brat in Dutch. 

My husband and I are Polish, so we always discuss Polish names like Thaddeus and Piotr, but we never use them.

rachelinaz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have Ana and Elsa aka Elsie 
 thanks to my 6 year old daughter ;) who loves that movie and music!! I would have picked something else, but heck, not hurting them. Plus we call Elsa, Elsie after my Gram :)

Walter, our baby and one boy, came from a charterer via Jeff Dunham. His charterer Walter cracks me up. Reminds me of me dad, who I love to bits!!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nimitz, from the Honor Harrington series of books. Nimitz is a treecat; sentient, telempathic, six-legged and very highly intelligent. His treecat name is Laughs Brightly.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
he's so adorable. since he's so dog like as you described..i would go with a quintessential dog name. Spike, Rover, uhhh...Rex? I can't think of any other specific ones...but you get the idea..

good luck naming the little guy!

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How about 'Rushlight'?  A bard's name from the book, 'Uhura's Song' by Janet Kagan, regarding a planet of cat-like beings that Star Trek's USS Enterprise encounters.  Also from the same book, 'CloudShape' if you happen to be familiar with it...

I actually have used a couple of names from it:   CopperEye--because the kitten in question had such glowing red eyes when he was young.  This color faded into a gold color as he aged; and Brightspot--my newest youngster, because he makes me smile when I see his face...