Need help, my kittens are driving me crazy!

markman777

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm, if they are marking their territory they shouldn't be doing the same spots. Try putting out a few more litter boxes, see if that helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princessbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, Whoshankia isn't peeing in the same spot.....she's outta heat right now and being loveable.
Gizmo is still cutier than ever and still hasn't gone in heat yet......Happy New Year also

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Princessbaby

No, Whoshankia isn't peeing in the same spot.....she's outta heat right now and being loveable.
Gizmo is still cutier than ever and still hasn't gone in heat yet......Happy New Year also
Princessbaby....please get both fixed. Do not wait until Gizmo has gone into heat.

Katie

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Princessbaby

Have you ever had a cat that got this? Or do you automatically spay them? You probably automatically spay them. Do you know if there are places that will do the operation and still have your cat that night? I don't want her to be in the vet overnight. I guess i'll have to check that out too.....thank you
I have seen cats with pyometra and it's pretty scary. They are very, very sick and need emergency surgery or else they will definitely die. Even with surgery there is no guarantee because if the uterus tears open during surgery, infection spreads everywhere in the abdomen (just like if an appendix ruptures) and it's not always possible to save them if that happens. The vet care for this condition costs $1000 or more and that is if there are no complications. I do spay everyone automatically and this is one of the reasons.

Some vets let them go home that day and some keep them overnight. Most reduced-cost clinics discharge the same day. If you have questions about a specific clinic's policies then just give them a call and they will be happy to answer them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princessbaby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, Thank you so much, I am definitly getting them fixed ASAP. Thank you for the advice!