Need help!! labor soon or no labor?

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another mommy just had 6 and she is getting help from another mommy That had delivered 4 about 2 weeks before. Six is a large litter if you have more that that you will have to help. If you can get supplies lined up then you will be ready as the large litter will pull the mommy down a lot so having kitten food and supplimental milk ready will help. Praying for a safe and uneventful delivery

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

drcrrckms 29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope still nothing.. Just waiting.. I can say that I'm not good at the waiting game... She was more loving today probably because I had her favorite French fries haha

Last edited by a moderator:

syadras

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm reading your posts, I hinknwe are almost in the same boat! I've taken my preimp to the vet 3.5 weeks ago, she guesstimated 1-2 weeks lol! Called, since she's not in distress, she's okay! It helps since I'm in nursing school and LOVE OB! My Tiana is just sleeping in our bed, miserable, welcoming Belly rubs! However, her spitfire kittens are more active as her belly has been tightening and now she has light brown discharge. We are guesstimating 2 babies! Eek!!! Good luck to you! I will be checking to see if you get babies!!

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The mommies can be under stress by all the "hanging around" and when they are stressed they will not have their babies. Have you tried just making sure they have their food and water and leave them alone and watch from a distance? In the wild the cats know if the male cat is around that she cannot leave the kittens and will wait until it is safe. hoping safe deliveries for all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

drcrrckms 29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There's one that can't seem to find a nipple, and isn't eating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Put it up to a nipple. It should latch on and begin nursing. It may be the runt. Some need encouragement to latch on to a nipple the first couple of days so put it at a nipple as often as possible.

Congratulations! :)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There's one that can't seem to find a nipple.
And isn't eating.
as said, try to help it find the nipple and latch on, but be also prepared to step in and help it with feeding,  a kmr or goat milk.  If its weak, it will be easier to use a needleless syringe or a dropper, then a bottle... 

So continue to try and let it latch on, but get home the gears, if you dont have them...

He cant be withouth food more then some hours.   Strong kittens may manage even a day, but its way too long for a weak one.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear she finally had them. They look pretty well except for the one you noted that was not nursing, could you try to feed it with a little syringe, without any needle?