Need help for cat with separation anxiety!!!

aqua315

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I'm hoping to find some advice here on how to help a cat with separation anxiety. I have a 1 year old cat who is attached to me at the hip. He gets very upset when I leave him and the second I return he's right at my heels begging for attention. This usually isn't an issue when I'm just gone for the day but I'm going to have a problem this winter.

Every Christmas I spend the holiday at my dad's house from Christmas Eve through New Years. Last year, I left my cat Jasper in the care of my mom while I was gone because my step mother is extremely allergic to cats. Unfortunately, I found when I got back that he had been throwing up all over the place the entire time I was gone. Absolutely nothing was different except for me not being there. The night I came home, he instantly got better.

I'm worried this will happen again this year and would really like to bring Jasper with me to my dads to minimize the anxiety. I've offered to make sure he has a bath prior to the trip and keep him in my room the entire time I'm there but my stepmom is still terrified her allergies are going to act up badly. Is there anything more I could do to prevent her allergies from getting too bad (she already takes medicine) or perhaps there are some tips to help minimize Jasper's anxiety while I'm not there? I really don't want him getting sick again.