Need Help Finding This Specific Cat Toy: What Is It?

janneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, for probably over a year now, I've kept my eyes open for a particular toy at the pet store and online. I don't know what it's called, and I hardly know how to describe it, but I'll try my best. I've seen it at other people's houses in the past, even on videos online, but I cannot for the life of me find out where to get it!

It's just a normal sized cat ball toy, but instead of a jingly bell, it kind of chirps when it's moving. As far as I can tell, it's not electric. It's definitely not an electric recording b/c it stops "chirping" as soon as it stops moving. It's a light and not annoying sound. In fact, I remember accidentally kicking it at someone's house, and it seemed to chirp on every bounce and then stop. I never looked close enough to discern the material or anything like that.

You can hear the noise it makes towards the end of this video:
Anyway, it's not imperative that I find this out; Boba is good with his wand and milk rings, but this has been bothering me for some time.

Thanks!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you take a picture of the toy in question and post it?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have several different toys that make that sound. It's a microchip 'squeaker' inside the toy, and is motion activated. The Our Pets Play 'N' Squeak range make that sound, and lots of other brands do too (I think some Petstages and Hartz toys do). Look for words like 'real bird sound' 'microchip squeak' or 'electronic squeak'. My guys go nuts for any electronic type squeaker!

Eta - looked some more. Smart Kat Chip & Play also have similar noisemakers, as do Hartz Just For Cats Chirp & Chase.

Took a while as UK brands are different to US ones (well, some are) ;)

Last edited: