Need help finding ceramic food dish

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can either use wide shallow ceramic, porcelain or stainless steel bowls. Just like what @lalagimp mentioned, it reduces whiskers stress.

Do not use plastic as they are bacteria prone.

I use these for my boy when he eats, rectangular white or pink oval. The round dish is for his drinking but he seldom drink out of it because I add water to his wet food to get him more hydrated. His whiskers does not touch the edge of the round water bowl when he drinks from it as I fill the water all the way up to the rim. The cat face bowl is just to hold his spoon
LOL!  I love that your cat has his own spoon rest!  It's cute as a button, too. :-)

Yeah, I learned the hard way about plastic when one of our cats developed a wicked case of feline acne from eating off the laminate counter tops.  It seems our cats will eat just about everywhere except from a plate.

I'm coming around to the idea of the rectangular shaped dishes.  Maybe Buddy could learn to just move his head from side to side to chase his food, instead of walking in circles until he's licked the plate clean. 

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's adorable!

The sides might be too high for Buddy's taste, but if it doesn't work out, it would be purr-fect for a water bowl for Oscar.  And we can never have too many water bowls around here.  Thanks!

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you try posting the link again to the plate you like?  I got in the thread too late to see it.  If it is one of the Dollar Tree white plates that is square-ish with rounded-off corners, about 8-9" across, then I know exactly which plate you're talking about.  Otherwise, I'm just a rambling fool. 

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Can you try posting the link again to the plate you like?  I got in the thread too late to see it.  If it is one of the Dollar Tree white plates that is square-ish with rounded-off corners, about 8-9" across, then I know exactly which plate you're talking about.  Otherwise, I'm just a rambling fool. 
Sure!  Here's the link to the actual image this time, and not the page that contained the image. *crosses fingers*

It's 5.5" in diameter, has a gradual slope like a pie plate, and a design that looks like it was etched in before the glaze was applied (and therefore subtle enough as not to be distracting while he's eating).  We got it at a 99 Cents Only Store, and have never seen them there again.

But at this point, I'm pretty much resigned to having to try some other options.  After all, if I rotate brands so he doesn't get too used to one thing, maybe I need to start rotating dishes, too.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

That's adorable!

The sides might be too high for Buddy's taste, but if it doesn't work out, it would be purr-fect for a water bowl for Oscar.  And we can never have too many water bowls around here.  Thanks!
The photo is misleading.  It's actually very shallow - maybe only an inch and a half deep. 

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The photo is misleading.  It's actually very shallow - maybe only an inch and a half deep. 
Ah, okay.  That's great to know, and makes me feel much better about ordering it! 

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sure!  Here's the link to the actual image this time, and not the page that contained the image. *crosses fingers*

It's 5.5" in diameter, has a gradual slope like a pie plate, and a design that looks like it was etched in before the glaze was applied (and therefore subtle enough as not to be distracting while he's eating).  We got it at a 99 Cents Only Store, and have never seen them there again.

But at this point, I'm pretty much resigned to having to try some other options.  After all, if I rotate brands so he doesn't get too used to one thing, maybe I need to start rotating dishes, too.

Oh, ok.  Pretty plate, but not the same one I was thinking of.  So I'm a rambling fool...must be the lead. 

I'm not seeing the shallow plates I have on Dollar Tree's webpage today.  Maybe they aren't making this size/shape anymore.

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, ok.  Pretty plate, but not the same one I was thinking of.  So I'm a rambling fool...must be the lead. 

I'm not seeing the shallow plates I have on Dollar Tree's webpage today.  Maybe they aren't making this size/shape anymore.
I'm beginning to think the moral of this story is to always buy two of everything.  It seems the more something works out for me, the more likely it is to be discontinued.  Or maybe the moral of the story is to just hate everything so it will always be available when I need it. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

I'm beginning to think the moral of this story is to always buy two of everything.  It seems the more something works out for me, the more likely it is to be discontinued.  Or maybe the moral of the story is to just hate everything so it will always be available when I need it. 

Grin.  I have four of those little red dishes but only two cats.

BTW:  I absolutely love your avatar.  He looks so cheery!  A bit goofy, too.  It's very charming. 

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This photo is taken at a very odd angle, making it look like an oval dish, but it is actually a square plate with rounded corners.  It has more of a "slide" than a "lip".  It's 1" tall from the ground to the top.
Thanks much for the piccy!  I need to stop by Dollar Tree soon anyway, and will check to see if they still carry this dish at our store. 

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Grin.  I have four of those little red dishes but only two cats.
Great math!  Wish I had been that smart.  Maybe there's still hope for me.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks much for the piccy!  I need to stop by Dollar Tree soon anyway, and will check to see if they still carry this dish at our store. 
​Look at the pet toys while you're there.  They have some really good quality play things for the price!

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
i mostly just use stainless steel pet bowls ( the kidn with the no slip silicone on the bottom), but i also sometimes use human bowls ( noritake colorwave in my case) and they seem to be well received. 

cheeser

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

i mostly just use stainless steel pet bowls ( the kidn with the no slip silicone on the bottom), but i also sometimes use human bowls ( noritake colorwave in my case) and they seem to be well received. 
I haven't tried stainless yet, because I had read that some cats get freaked out by the reflection.  On the other hand, Buddy gets freaked out by anything new, so I might as well throw caution to the wind and see what happens. ;-)

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Kabby's stainless bowl doesn't really reflect I've noticed they become marked up with time which distorts the reflections. Paper towels work well for speeding up this process as do knives.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
I hadn't heard that about stainles, but my cat, although a bit afraid of thunderstorms and ghosts ( well not *REALLY* ghosts, but sometimes she hears some super quiet oudn that freaks her out, and I joke that it is a ghost), isn't bothered by objects ( she will actually play with tin foil, for example...), so i don't worry much if items will scare her.