Need help choosing pics for foster cat listing

catnut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need some help picking pictures to post on petfinder for one of my foster cats. People don't seem to like the pictures I choose so I'd really like some input from you guys. The pictures have to be cute and show personality to make someone be interested in adopting him.
I have to choose three pictures one of which have to be the main one that people will see first. The main pic will just show up as a small thumbnail so it has to look good as a thumbnail. I have some pictures I think are really cute but when you see it as a very small picture you can hardly see the cat and it doesn't look good at all.
I would really appreciate if you guys could let me know which three pics you think are best and which one should be the main pic. I'd really appreciate it.

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I say either picture #1, cropped a bit, so there isn't so much distracting background... Orrr #5 since it gives a good shot at his sweet little face.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
#2 as main pic

#10 because it shows he's good with dogs

If you are using his size as a defining feature of his characteristics then choose #9. If you want personality, choose #6.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
2, 5 and 7!! I agree completely that good pics that show personality are needed when it comes to getting kitties adopted.
That is something I take great pride in with my fosters. Good luck!

jenny1978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuvMyParker

I say either picture #1, cropped a bit, so there isn't so much distracting background... Orrr #5 since it gives a good shot at his sweet little face.
I agree with this one! He is a sweet looking little boy!!

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe I have a odd take...but I would not use any of him coming out of cabinets as that may spark a fear that hes alot of trouble(ok and they are at times...but if the person falls in love and adopts him first I would think many would not mind as much as opposed to seeing it and still making the first move to call/email you. Not saying I would tell anyone hes a lap/floor cat and never gets into anything-but let them meet first.

I love one if you could take away some of the floor, it may be a refreshing shot depending on your area-if its alot of cage shots from other shelters, to see a cat happily stretched out may attract some attention

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
#1 cropped, #2 and #9. AND OMG - he looks like an almost identical brother to my Perkins
. He is, of course, very, very handsome
Here's hoping he gets a home quickly

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say #2 because it shows how pretty he is. #3 because it shows he gets along well with other cats and can be adopted into a multi-cat household. BTW, why is he wearing a cape in that picture? And finally, #5 because it shows off his cute little face.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minka

#2 as main pic

If you are using his size as a defining feature of his characteristics then choose #9. If you want personality, choose #6.

Exactly my thinking, except IMO forget #6, it's blurry.

The thing that captured my eye about #2 was that "curious" look, terribly cute, (!) and it's a really sharp picture.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
# 1 cropped a bit to get rid of some of the background
#10 because it shows he is good with other animals.

I would stay away from pictures of him in cupboards or on the oven because that might turn people away.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catnut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks so much for the help. It looks like a lot of people like #2. That's one of my favorites too.

Originally Posted by Lorie D.

#3 because it shows he gets along well with other cats and can be adopted into a multi-cat household. BTW, why is he wearing a cape in that picture?
Lol. It's not a cape. It's a plastic bag. He loooves plastic bags for some odd reason. He always sticks his head through the handle so that it looks like he's wearing a cape. He will try to crawl into the bag too but it never works. (He only plays with the plastic bags under supervision so he's not at risk of being harmed.)

Maybe I have a odd take...but I would not use any of him coming out of cabinets as that may spark a fear that hes alot of trouble
You're probably right. I don't have a problem with it, actually think it's quite cute at times, but I understand that other people may not feel the same way and consider it problem behavior. Whoever adopts this cat has to have a sense of humor because he does those kinds of things. He is very curious, very clever and very agile so he can get in anywhere. He can open most doors and drawers and really likes to check things out. He is also a bit of a food thief at times. I'm hoping to find someone who doesn't consider it to be a problem and maybe even thinks it's cute and funny like do. What do you guys think? Would most people view this cat as a problem cat with problem behavior?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minka

#2 as main pic

This. I agree with all of it!

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4, 7, or 10 would all be great choices IMO.

Perhaps its just not feasible, but I always wished that shelters/fosters would just upload a quick 30 second video to youtube of the cat or kitten.

There are cheap cameras out now that shoot decent video and upload straight to youtube with the click of a button. Youtube is free, and the VadoHD I believe does high definition 720P and has been on sale tons of times for $45.