NEED HELP ASAP! EYE INFECTION BULGING EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Wow......I have saved SO many, countless, yet those I was unable to save, despite it being a very very small number compared to how many saved, each time it happens it tips the scales dramatically for me.

I could save 90 out of 100, but those 10 are very hard for me and weigh on me something awful, I can't imagine how you handle losing as many as you save.

I'm a strong person too, but it must be conditioning to a degree, just like thinking back many years ago, the first losses were just devastating for me, never thought I would be handling all of the loss over these years and still rescuing on, but I do! 

I really appreciate knowing how many are out there doing the same as I do, I love that, very heartwarming. Sister rescuers in a sense. We know.......
Sisters indeed....

The losses are always devastating. Sometimes you see it coming a mile off and resign yourself to just making them feel as comfortable, safe and happy in their final hours as you can. We name them all, whether they live or not, and all get a proper burial (or in the case of 2 dogs I lost, cremated). Can't save them all but it doesn't stop us from trying.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Sisters indeed....

The losses are always devastating. Sometimes you see it coming a mile off and resign yourself to just making them feel as comfortable, safe and happy in their final hours as you can. We name them all, whether they live or not, and all get a proper burial (or in the case of 2 dogs I lost, cremated). Can't save them all but it doesn't stop us from trying.
Absolutely!

All have names, always give each an identity, and do my very best, I should say we, as I have many fosters as well.

Yes, I also can see it coming, I guess I've seen it enough to know, but despite this always have and always will go to the ends to prove my gut instinct wrong.

My weakest is for homeless/strays/ferals. More formerly owned turned ferals since ferals since birth have only known that life, but they get to me the worst. I can't bare the thought of allowing them to leave this earth without being given the feelings of being owned and loved, an identity, worth, deserving, feeling healthy, full tummy, comfort and a sense of belonging.

BTW, you sound wonderful.....

Last edited:

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm chatting with @Lorena Santiago  on Facebook and she asked me to post an update. I'm sorry to say that Bash did not make it. 
Sophie was only a month old and also had distemper, She was with me less than 2 weeks but she dug so deep into my heart that after her passing I was inconsolable. One very dear friend said to me, at the time, "A warm, safe place full of people who love us is the best any of us can hope for, no matter how brief the life." That has been my mantra ever since.

Bash was rescued from the streets of Manila, which is a very hard place to be homeless (people or animals). Without Lorena and her cousin and sister, he would have died alone, cold and hungry, with no one to see he had a proper burial. Thanks to their action he got to experience a home, safe and warm, full of love.

I know Lorena and her sister did all they could for Bash. The odds were stacked against him and he fought as hard as he could. Now she has a little kitty angel to watch over her.

This is Lorena's first rescue loss and it's hitting her very hard. Please show her some love.

Last edited:

jennngrovie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so so sorry he didn't make it :( I'm so sad to hear this, but you tried and tried everything you could to save him. He's with ours that have passed, my Grovie passed this month on Sept 5th. They're together, like all the rest,playing and no more pain or sadness. Bash will always be with you, always :) bless his little heart :)

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I am truly sorry that Bash did not make it. Tears are streaming down my face as I write this. I feel as though Bash was my own cat. I have followed this thread and was so happy when Bash had his surgery. I thought the worse was over and he would adjust and live a long happy life with Lorena and her family. Bash did fight hard and so did Lorena. He was just too ill from the start and no one knew. He did get to experience what it felt like to be safe and loved though. Everything that could be done for this poor kitty was done, and that was thanks to Lorena. Lorena, believe me I know the pain you are feeling right now.That pain can be unbearable. You did all you could for Bash. You loved him and got him the care he needed. He felt loved and safe and he loved you in return. I know you wished for a happy ending and to have Bash well again. It is what we all wanted. We all fell in love with your Bash and are grieving along with you.
Please take care!
We are all here for you!!
RIP Bash!
I am sure my Mickey will welcome you as all the kitties who have passed from the cat site.
You are one kitty who will never be forgotten!
We all love you Bash!
Love and Hugs to you, Lorena!

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Bash. Lorena so sorry for your loss. You are a hero for everything you did for this innocent animal. We know it was very difficult and at a great cost to you. You are a wonderful person for being a champion for Bash.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Lorena Santiago  I am so sorry for your loss. I just got back online and read through the update to check on Bash first thing when I got to work. My heart goes out to you and prayers sent your way. You are such a sweet young lady and you have such a big heart to have done all  you could for this precious baby. I take each of these stories to heart and become so emotionally involved as everyone else on this site does.

It's wonderful that you were able to do what you did and cared so much for this baby. You should be proud of the work you did to help him. They don't all survive but you helped him to live longer than he would have and showed him the love and care that every cat desires and needs. Just know that everyone here has been through this at one time or another and we are all here for you and we are all shedding tears over the loss of precious Bash and for you loss and pain.

@juleska  Thank you so much for everything you did for her and Bash. You are a blessing to everyone and all cats in your area. You will also be in my prayers and you will be blessed for all your work. 

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, so sorry for the loss of Bash, Lorena. Condolences and hugs to you at this time. He was such a brave little cat!

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Lorena, the trouble with rescue is we don't get the best , the healthiest pets. We're picking up the discards that other humans don't even see on their radar. You don't start on a level playing field with most of them. You start out in a hole and have to claw your way out. If they aren't dinged up physically they have likely been kicked around or abused mentally.

Nothing you done for Bash was in vain. No money wasted, No time wasted. It may not ever feel like it. But you are Bash's hero. You gave him a name, love and the best chance you could. You are a success because you cared enough to try.  I cried for his little lost life today. I bet everyone who followed this tread did to some extent. Look how many lives your act of kindness touched.

When you feel better about all this you might want to make a memorial page for him. His story is worth telling.

Last edited:

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Lorena I'm so sorry about Bash. I want to thank you for reaching out when some would have turned away. You fought for that baby and physically and financially took care of him unselfishly.

I have nothing but respect for you. You are a hero for Bash because you didn't let him suffer and you loved him through it all, you were by his side. I hope you find some comfort in knowing that and can smile for knowing that beautiful soul, even if the time was short.

:hugs:
Tina

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Lorena Santiago  you were Bash's angel and now he is yours. 

i'm so very sorry for your loss. You did everything humanly possible for him and I promise you, he knows this. He will never, ever forget you and the love you gave him. He's at peace now and will never be sick or hurt again. You gave him what every cat should have but so many never get. A home, friendship and unconditional love. it's true that not all of them make it but the time you had together will stay with him forever just like it will with you. We are all here for you. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorena santiago

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the update that I have never thought of giving you. It never came into my mind that Bash will leave.. Im sincerely grateful that many animal-lover individuals have supported, helped, comforted, and prayed for my little baby Bash. These replies that I see everyday make me more eager and excited to see Bash back in a healthy condition again... It pains me so much that he already left this world. The past 7 or 8 hours have been very difficult not only to me, but also to my cousins and sisters but the most painful part is, Bash has been experiencing pain and difficulties for the last 7 days. I keep on replaying in my mind the events that had happened to see where I messed up. There are many "should've s" in my brain. I should have brought him earlier, I should have convinced my aunts harder so they will allow us to bring him to the clinic earlier, I should have not done that, I should have done this. I also thought about what if we brought Bash to a different clinic? Will he survive? What was the cause of his death? Is it really the virus? Eye infection? Will he still be with us if we just decided to surrender him to PART? Because honestly, I don't know what was wrong.. Was it the medicines? Were the doctors taking care of him appropriately? Have they made a mistake in giving him a dosage of a certain medicine? I feel so devastated that Im finding someone or something that I could blame. I know I couldn't make a difference if I keep on dwelling in these questions, but I cant seem to process this. I cannot accept the fact that he really is gone. The option wherein we have to surrender Bash to PART was painful enough, but now, it is really heartbreaking knowing that I can never see him again, pet him again, hug him again, look into his eyes again because he will never come back. There's no more Bash that will play with me. He is irreplaceable, you know. He was very sweet and loving and playful even after the operation. I see he tried his best to show that he's a very brave young man. I will forever remember him for his courage. 

Some people say that death is a good thing for a helpless and very sick animal because they will never feel pain again. But it breaks my heart that he didn't even have the chance to be happy even just for a little while after this very extreme battle. I believe he deserved a happy life and he deserved to feel loved. But unfortunately, this came. 

We found it out this afternoon after attending this event at my cousin's school. We were on our way home when we visited Bash. They said they need to make Bash regain his strength before they can do any exams. I was hoping that he doesn't have that virus but at the back of my mind, I was expecting to see him still weak because of his condition, but I never expected him to be dead. The worst part is they never even called us to inform us about this very unfortunate news. If we hadn't decided to visit him at that very moment, we will not know immediately that he died.. Bash means so much to me and it hurts me when they just hold him irresponsibly. Just because he's dead doesn't mean they dont have to take care of his body.. The doctor removed the dextrose without a single care and left it just like that. There were a few blood drippings which just gratified the sad feelings I am having for the situation. I paid for the burial, they will take care of it. I really want to take home Bash and bury him somewhere near our house but we don't have a blank space in the lot. 

I just want everybody to please recheck and reconsider and think twice when choosing your vet. Their treatment to Bash may not be the main reason why he died, but I believe there will be a difference if they are compassionate to animals. It's hard to express what I want to say, but let me put this like this: at the last hours of Bash, maybe he was weak, scared and in pain, if the doctors are attentive enough, they might have called us minutes before he died. There were signs that he's getting very weak, I know they can do better than that. Also, Bash was in so much pain and the pain of putting the dextrose just added to it. He got stressed, scared, and nervous. I wanted to do everything to reduce the pain he's feeling which we should've gotten if the doctors had compassion.

Thank you so much to everyone who got involved, who are concerned, especially to ms. Juleska who did everything she could just to help me and Bash.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
it's so easy to get pulled into the "should've, could've and would've" mindset. Please don't. You did every thing you could for him. without you and your family, he would have died alone and in pain out in the street somewhere. He didn't. When he crossed the bridge, he went knowing unconditional love, friendship and care. He had a home and a name. He went with the knowledge that he will never be forgotten. 

No good will come out of you blaming yourself for his passing. He certainly doesn't. He loves all of you very much and he always will. Someday when the time is right he will tell you this himself. In the meantime, hold onto the good times. He definitely will. 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Lorena Santiago  I can guarantee you that Bash was happy. We don't get to choose how long we can keep these babies with us, but you gave him unconditional love and happiness while you had him.

We have all lost a precious one and I can probably speak for the others that we will call our babies that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge to be with little Bash. He has given you a piece of his heart so when you two are together again he will be able to find you.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Like others above I am posting with tears blurring my vision and my thoughts.  Lorena, you have no reason to doubt anything you have done for Bash, or that he had a happy life with you and your family.  Your photographs of him well and playing when before he got sick tell everyone about his life.  Finding a home with you did not bring him sadness, it brought him love and warmth and happiness and the longest life he could have.   It is heartbreaking to hear of your loss, and your concerns that he did not have final moments with people who cared and felt compassion, but he did know such people and in spirit you were there and gave him knowledge that such people existed in his life.  This is more than many cats ever know.

You fought for Bash to receive vet care and to ensure that his life was as long and healthy and pain free as it could be.  This is a wonderful thing to do and I echo the thoughts of others when I say that you were his angel and now he can be yours.  I also wish to say a special thank you to @juleska  for all the help and support given here.

All in the TCS team, including those who have posted here in your thread, would like you to know that we are so very sorry for your loss @Lorena Santiago.   Threads are locked after someone has suffered such a loss, as a sign of respect for Bash. We invite you to place a tribute for Bash  at   http://www.thecatsite.com/f/19/crossing-the-bridge  as an enduring testimony to him.   

RIP Young Bash, run free.   

Status
Not open for further replies.