Need Guidance on Trapping

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously smart, good on you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for success!!
Didn't get the kitten going back up tonight going to try small trap and I have a small blanket getting momma and siblings scent on it.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you seen anything of that little one?
It was meowing I waited 3 hours and went to the dollar store to get sardines. I put that out came home for a while. When I went back I pulled up and it was sitting outside the bushes saw my car and hid. I hid and waited until midnight and no luck

Last night I dreamt it was running around and daddy cat was there and they were playing but I couldn’t catch them :confused2:

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
The food? Yes, depending on how hot it is where you are, but you want to be checking the trap very frequently so that no animal is in it for very long.
Sorry I didn't finish the post :blush: Would it be safe to leave the trap up overnight in the covered/lighted doorway of the building.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, gotcha - can you check it every few hours? It's not just to help any trapped animal, but if there's any sort of predator out (although having the trap in a lighted area might help keep them away, but that's only a maybe) you want to try and avoid altercations.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah, gotcha - can you check it every few hours? It's not just to help any trapped animal, but if there's any sort of predator out (although having the trap in a lighted area might help keep them away, but that's only a maybe) you want to try and avoid altercations.
I started early and left and will go back in a few hours. I did see the little stinker. It's been in a plastic drain pipe and it actually stayed out for about 30 seconds before running from me.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I went back up 11ish it was on the sidewalk playing and eating the treats I put out. My guess is it went in was able to get the food and didn’t trip the plate. Try again tonight with some more stinky food.