Need Flea Advice

madpiano

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will try - for now it's just Frontline for the cat and the dog.... and hoovering regulary

mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am probably a little late to the party, but far be it from me not to throw in my two cents about flea problems.

Am I to understand that you are only treating your young cats because they are the ones with the problem, and the older cat is not being treated? If this is true, that's your problem. All pets, both cats and dogs, must be treated for a flea medication to work. If one pet is left untreated, they become the food source for the fleas and you won't get rid of them.

madpiano

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
not sure if you were talking to me ? I treat everyone (is there a frontline for humans ???)

mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, I was addressing the original poster. Sorry for the confusion.
No, people don't get flea infestations, so frontline is for pets only!

mistysmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I am new to this site and learn alot from all of you. I wanted to add that for the outside, you could also apply nematodes in a sprayer. They eat fleas and ants. Also, the ants also love to dine on fleas. So this might be helpful to control the outside to keep the fleas from becoming an infestation in your home. Thank you all for such helpful information.