Need financial help for emergency treatment for my cat

ashley bukovsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

After Googling for hours, calling up numerous places, vets, organizations, I've exhausted all outlets. I need desperate help getting donations to get my cat a diagnosis and treatment.

My cat, Smoosh, started peeing on the couches in the house randomly and we figured that it was a behavioral problem due to our somewhat new cat that we got back in March, but we decided to take her to the vet to rule out a UTI. The vet felt her organs, and felt a large lump in her bladder. We had Xrays done, which didn't show us what the mass was, but was told that because it wasn't metastasized in any way, that it's most likely not cancerous. However, in order to figure out what is going on in her bladder (if it's a polyp, benign tumor, different type of stone that doesn't show up on a simple X-Ray) we will need an ultrasound and blood work. The ultrasound is $550 and blood work is a whopping $220. I only have $198 left on my Care Credit card, and have raised $60 so far on Gofundme.com and YouCaring.com (I changed to YouCaring as it was less expensive with fees). The expenses, I expect, will not stop here as I have a feeling that whatever it is, it has to be taken out.

For starters, I need to at least get her the ultrasound so I can go further with figuring out a treatment plan for her, as well as giving the diagnosis to organizations that need it in order to see if they can help or not.My mother and I have exhausted all funds, as we are both on SSI disability and can't afford to get Smoosh the treatment she needs, but I cannot see putting her down or giving her away as she was my Uncles cat, who passed away 2 1/2 years ago, and I'm very close to that cat.

Here is a list of organizations I have tried so far:

IMOM: Smoosh doesn't qualify because she isn't spayed
FVEAP: Doesn't have funds
RedRover: Smoosh doesn't qualify because she isn't spayed
CareCredit: I already have it, only have a $500 which I've exhausted $300 on, and they Won't raise my credit limit
Hpets: Smoosh doesn't qualify as she isn't handicapped
The Pet Fund: Called, but haven't gotten a call back yet to start the application process.
Other organizations are animal, medically ill, and residential specific.
I have a few organizations I can apply to, but again, I gotta wait for the diagnosis and prognosis and how much the expected treatment will be.

For anyone that donates, I'm willing to send gifts for the price:

$10 donation: One charm (choice of color is up to you)
$15 donation: Painted Seashell *Not the ones seen in the photos. Those are just samples of the seashells I did in the past* Note: I'm not the BEST artist, but I can paint some nifty things.
$25 donation: Charm bracelet *I only have 5 charm bracelets in stock
$30 donation: Beautiful Russian plate of choice (6 in stock)
I can only ship in the US! Sorry in advance if you're outside of the United States.

With that said, if anyone could help and/or share the link with others, please leave a comment below or personally PM. Also PM to see a photo of the items I've giving away with the donation amounts and any authenticity you need! I'm heading back to the vet Friday for her to feel her stomach again and to discuss everything. I will get print outs of as much as I can to show as well. Thank you!

-Ashley

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. I'm glad you found us, just sorry it isn't in better circumstances. Please note that the following is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at you personally.

From the Mod Team Regarding Pleas for money:

Cats are a huge responsibility. Anyone who thinks otherwise, should not have one in their life. They are dependent on us for everything from providing a place to eat, to also providing vet care.

Anyone who has cats knows that they can and do get ill. Your best defense is to plan for that to happen before it does, and store monies away in preparation.

If you read about a plight of an animal on the internet and your heart is drawn to help. Check out the story thoroughly. Google the vet's name or call Directory Assistance in the city and be sure this is a legitimate claim.

Do not blindly send money into a paypal account no matter how heart-wrenching the story. Instead reach out to the member and ask for the vet's name and phone number, and arrange to send the money there for the specific needs of the cat in question.

If that information cannot be provided- you have your answer. Report the post to a moderator so that it can be removed for not being on the level.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ashley bukovsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
 I can give everyone the information they need to see the authenticity of my donation need, that's no problem.

Please PM me for the vet's details.

Last edited by a moderator:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
**I would suggest you apply for Care Credit.**

It helped me when my cat got cystitis, & I had a lot of vet bills, including a hospital visit, because the 2nd time he got it was on Christmas day!

It's easy to get, & payments are low. You can apply on line, & get approved pretty quickly. They will give you something to print out, to show at the vet's, until you get your card in the mail. I understand, ultrasounds, urinalysis, & a few nights at the vets added up!

Please get Care Credit, it will help, & give you piece of mind in the future, should something else come up.

I try to only use it when I have to, but it does give me piece of mind to have.

I wish you all the luck, & pray your kitty will be okay.  

ashley bukovsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

**I would suggest you apply for Care Credit.**

It helped me when my cat got cystitis, & I had a lot of vet bills, including a hospital visit, because the 2nd time he got it was on Christmas day!

It's easy to get, & payments are low. You can apply on line, & get approved pretty quickly. They will give you something to print out, to show at the vet's, until you get your card in the mail. I understand, ultrasounds, urinalysis, & a few nights at the vets added up!

Please get Care Credit, it will help, & give you piece of mind in the future, should something else come up.

I try to only use it when I have to, but it does give me piece of mind to have.

I wish you all the luck, & pray your kitty will be okay.  
Hi Angels! I already have Care Credit and have exhausted most funds on it. I only have $198 which is going towards Smooshs cause. I called up see if they would raise my credit, but they wouldn't. I also have contacted multiple organizations, and unfortunately either smoosh doesn't qualify because she is not spayed, or she doesn't have a certain illness or live in a certain area. There are 2  organizations I qualify for, but until I get the diagnosis and prognosis from the ultrasound (what I'm currently fundraising for her to get) I won't be able to fill out the paperwork. I've also been trying to sell items, and offer services, with no avail. I'm pretty desperate at this point. :/

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you have it.  I hope you will be able to get a diagnosis soon, & from that able to get some help.

ashley bukovsky

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! I hope I can too! All I can do is keep pressing the fundraiser and trying to sell more stuff. :)

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Do you have anything around your house that you could sell? Since you make crafts how about trying Etsy? Do you have any friends or family that could help out?