Need Color Clarification...

ravynwriter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yesterday my wife and I went to the shelter and adopted a five month old purebred siamese (technically a colorpoint shorthair) we've named Finnegan. After Athena passed away last month we wanted another rescue cat. He's a great big sweetie...very energetic and confident without being pushy/aggressive about it.

I was curious about his color though. He was listed as a flame-point and I know he's still young and hasn't fully colored all the way, but from what I'm reading I don't think he is a flame-point. I think he may be an apricot point. He has the faint peachy color to his points, almost invisible on his legs, much stronger on his tail and ears, and faint on his face. From what I am reading of the apricot point, there can be a faint gray sheen to the color points. He seems to have this, especially visible on his nose.

This is the best pic of him we could get- he's very active and doesn't like holding still for very long. I was just curious if people think he is a red/flame point, an apricot point, or a cream point. It doesn't really matter, we'll love him all the same, I just like being accurate.

PS. He's not polydactyl, he just has really big feet that he was waving around.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
!!!BABY MEEZER!!! What a dollbaby - meezers are the greatest most wonderful cats the world has ever seen.

Shelter adoption GO YOU!!

I'll l-e-a-n out on the limb there a little bit regarding his color and agree with you :greenpaw::bluepaw:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ravynwriter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a siamese before, though my wife had a seal-point when she was younger. He is a very very sweet little man, quite confident without being aggressive or pushy, and clumsy as all get out *LOL*

ravynwriter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The shelter we got him at was three and a half hours away from home. For two of those hours, he let us in on the siamese voice quite well LOL!

Then he fell to sleep. My wife says he's not got the full throated voice quite yet but he was definitely chatty. He's been pretty quiet now that he's home and has all the toys and all the scritches he wants (he wants love ALL THE TIME, he's such a lovebug) but he comments now and again on what's going on.

ravynwriter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We've got one vote for apricot point (well, technically two) and one for cream point. Anyone else have any thoughts?