need anwser plZ!

allantheman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok i need to know if this is normal. my cat had 2 babies they were still born and premature. its sucks but im more concerned about the mom, shes been bleeding out her vag for a day now and i hear thats normal. she leaves spots around. she was pushing like she was still giving birth but just blood/mucus  was coming out  . is this just after birth?,  but here is the real question after pushing for the last time she pushed out what i think was another baby like an hour ago , idn though it kinda looks  like a peice of under cooked chicken.. what is it? she already ate the placenta when the babies came out. should i take her to a vet? she is eating and drinking and using the bathroom. she seems normal but the bleeding. was it another dead baby? she doesnt seemed to be pushing anymore just bleeding.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allantheman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
also she doesnt seem to want to be alone she always right next to me and meows at me when im in the bathroom. honestly she seems healthy and happy but the bleeding is worrying me alot.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is going to be graphic but a lot depends on what the discharge is actually like.

Normal discharge is reddish brown in color and will not have a strong odor. There also should not be a TON of it- it should truly be a small amount of discharge not a large amount.  You have to use common sense about this, there is no definite guideline I can give you.  If it seems excessive, it probably is.

ABNORMAL discharge can be profuse (i.e. a lot of it). However, it could be less profuse and still be a bad sign if it is odorous/smells bad or is bright red.

So basically, if the discharge is bright red, smells bad, or if there is just A LOT of it you should see a vet. Honestly, though, it never hurts to see a vet around 24 hours after the birth anyway so that he or she can check for undelivered kittens and make sure everything is healing as it should.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tulosai has right, as usual.   :)

If going to a vet with her is an option for you, it would be my recommendation.  Take with you this what come out from her, - probably a third foetus, poosibly a misshappen one.

Or at very least, phone and ask advice.  The vet will know what follow up questions to give.

My reaction is, as said, if you can, take her to a vet asap.

If  it is very difficult or beyond your budget, you must sweat, make common sense calculations, and make your decision.

Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

allantheman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
its not ALOT thats for sure if it was she would most likely be a gonner.  and it doesnt smell, its random she can go like 6-8 hours without any blood then all of a sudden she will have some without her even knowing it seems like its slowed down ,when it comes out its seems like there mucus in it. i phoned a vet and she said if she is eating drinking and using the bathroom she should be fine and to give it some time and that she most likely had a miscarage. so i think thats what ill do

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you are going through this. If your cat has had a miscarriage then she should see a vet and be spayed - there is more chance of it happening again after a first time. And then you will know that she is OK and will not have to go through this again (and neither will you!). And you will know she is happy and healthy.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you are going through this. If your cat has had a miscarriage then she should see a vet and be spayed - there is more chance of it happening again after a first time. And then you will know that she is OK and will not have to go through this again (and neither will you!). And you will know she is happy and healthy.
  If you get her spayed, you may be able to get funding through a Spay/Neuter program.  And in my experience, the spayed kitties become like kittens again, even older feral moms - they get a chance to be happy & carefree & just so much fun to be around!! Sending prayers and vibes that your precious girl does well & you two get many happy years together