Need an opinion please - horse related

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i own a mustang and looking at just the photos, i would say that Levi is more relaxed and his eyes are soft and trusting. when you work with an abused horse, you just have to work slow and soft while staying firm and in control. it is a delicate balance.

the mustang's ears are back which can indicate displeasure or even pain. they are wonderful animals don't get me wrong, but they bond completely differently than horses worked early and imprinted as foals on humans do. personally, i would keep Levi. i suspect once you move past all his tiggers of abuse you will find deep within a steady, loving creature who only wants to please you.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

i own a mustang and looking at just the photos, i would say that Levi is more relaxed and his eyes are soft and trusting. when you work with an abused horse, you just have to work slow and soft while staying firm and in control. it is a delicate balance.

the mustang's ears are back which can indicate displeasure or even pain. they are wonderful animals don't get me wrong, but they bond completely differently than horses worked early and imprinted as foals on humans do. personally, i would keep Levi. i suspect once you move past all his tiggers of abuse you will find deep within a steady, loving creature who only wants to please you.
You're right, she does look pissy doesn't she! Who knows what she's upset about though??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

You're right, she does look pissy doesn't she! Who knows what she's upset about though??
the mustang's ears are back which can indicate displeasure or even pain
I did notice that as well, but I also know that these pictures are not very recent, they're from earlier in his training.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, John came home today and handed me the $50 to give the woman for gas money. It suprised me that he agreed but it's wonderful!