Need advice...

DaliborK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone!

I need help because honestly I don't know what to do anymore.

Me and my mom are huge animal lovers. So much so that over the last couple of years, we saved dozens of cats (mostly kittens) that we found abandoned on the streets and surrounding dump sites, and took home with us. Some were later adopted, but the majority is still with us in our backyard. 20, to be precise, as that's our financial max.

Now, with the post Covid-19 inflation that hit us all in the last 2 years, and the prices of everything skyrocketing, it's getting harder and harder to take care of them all. But that's not our biggest problem and the reason why I'm writing this. It's hard, but we can still deal with the 20 that we currently have. Next year we'll see...

No, the problem is that we have 59 more on the said streets and surrounding dump sites that we're feeding that were abandoned by their owners and left to die. It's financially impossible for us to take care of them all. 79 cats is too much for the 2 of us. We're currently unable to give them all even 1 meal every day. We asked all our friends and family members to help us with taking care of them, but no one cares. At least not enough to donate even $1 to help us feed them. Sad, really, but I can't say I'm surprised, as the majority of people don't care about anyone but themselves.

I've created a GoGetFunding campaign to get help from animal lovers like us, to help us give these beautiful animals everything they deserve: full belly, long and healthy life, and if possible, a loving family. But again, no one cared enough to give even $1.

As no one cares enough to donate, what should we do? I think that our only option right now is to just abandon them, but as a huge cat lover, it makes me sick to my stomach to even think about doing that, as I'm afraid that means certain death for them, either by hunger, street dogs, or being hit by a car.

Thank you…

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.